Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TCM and ECM updated

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Wilson View Post
    How do you know if the comp need's an update? JW
    They have to plug you in at the dealership, at least that's what I've been told.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing my '09 has this already as it shifts pretty well. That being said I am looking forward to trying VMS's trans tune...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Is getting the update a waste of time if your getting a tune?

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jax GTO View Post
    Is getting the update a waste of time if your getting a tune?
    No. Get the update then the tune. The tune is changing certain calibration tables and the update changes a whole other set of tables.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh....thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Wilson View Post
    How do you know if the comp need's an update? JW
    There is no IF, just go get it done

Post Thanks / Like

Do all 09's have this already ?
    2009 G8 GT
    Stryker Blue Metallic ~ Premium w/Sunroof, VM ECM/TCM Tune, NEP OTR Intake, Borla Cat-back & Holden Badges

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    After doing it all the rear is the weak link. There are issues in the front, but a lot of attention needs to be paid to the rear.

Post Thanks / Like

When I spoke over the phone to service tech at my local dealership about update, he had no idea what I was talking about. I mentioned the update corrects issues with hesitation and slow transmission shifts.

Is there a bulletin number or something more I can mention so I'm understood?

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Did a search and found what I needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BW G8GT View Post
    When I spoke over the phone to service tech at my local dealership about update, he had no idea what I was talking about. I mentioned the update corrects issues with hesitation and slow transmission shifts.

Is there a bulletin number or something more I can mention so I'm understood?

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Brian

The Service bulletin was 08-07-30-036 for delayed downshift. TCM Program K5364.7