Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: larger intercooler and bigger pump for maggie

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vipz28 View Post
    Are there before/after tests of IATs?

I climb to 140-145 in the Texas heat and basically settle there, but it recovers to normal in 30ish seconds of coasting...
    I'm with him -- I live in Friendswood -- which is a "rock's throw" away from Pearland, Texas (just outside of Houston). The temps down here have been "crazy hot" and we need whatever coaching / guidance we can get to run these cars cooler.
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    Would I be "too nosy" if I were to ask for the part numbers you deployed? You are getting "superb" performance - thus you have executed your research/homework - well. Thus my humble request.
    there's a bunch on ebay, just search aluminum icebox and you will see a bunch of different ones and sizes pop up . I have a 5 gallon but they have smaller and some that are longer , they all fit in the the spare wire well tho

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    there's a bunch on ebay, just search aluminum icebox and you will see a bunch of different ones and sizes pop up . I have a 5 gallon but they have smaller and some that are longer , they all fit in the the spare wire well tho
    Thanks for the lead! Found a few (Rhodes Race Cars) and others. They come with a "Rule 2000" pump already in the tank. About $330.

a) Is that all you need is 1 "in tank" pump?
    b) Do you need a pump for the return line?
    c) Sorry for the "dopey ass questions" but I'm learning
    d) what size hose did you use?
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    Thanks for the lead! Found a few (Rhodes Race Cars) and others. They come with a "Rule 2000" pump already in the tank. About $330.

a) Is that all you need is 1 "in tank" pump?
    b) Do you need a pump for the return line?
    c) Sorry for the "dopey ass questions" but I'm learning
    d) what size hose did you use?

Yes that's all you need most intercooler come with 3/4 hose so you would need a 1" to 3/4 hose adapter unless you can find someone to weld in 1 inch connectors on your intercooler which would be even better. One rule pump in tank pumps way more than enough , no you do not need a return pump

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Rule pumps belong in the bilge of a boat and that is about it. The heat, +5psi head pressure, 100% duty cycle just kills these pumps.
    Phillip M.
    09.5 SBM GT Sports/Premium/Roof

Engine: Stock Bottom End
    Heads: Stock, LS3 Intake, LY6 Exhaust, Milled
    Cam: BTR IV PD
    Intake: Stock Intake, Stock TB, LS7 MAF, Volant CAI
    Exhaust: 1-7/8 Kooks LT's, Off-Road Pipes, Corsa cat-back
    Fuel: Fore Twin Ti 450's, Vaporworx, E85, Bosch Injectors
    Drivetrain: 6L80, Sonnax
    Suspension: BMR 15" Strange Coilovers
    Wheels/Tires: 15x10 RT-S on 275/60R15 Pro's, 17x5 Weld on M/T 28"
    Ported LSA Blower, 9.55/2.55, 102 TB, Chiller

High Compression/Boost/E85

Post Thanks / Like

Varimax pump FTW! If you can find one
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Mines working and flowing perfect

Post Thanks / Like

The EMP WP29 pump would be my choice with a trunk mounted ice box, it's also 1" in/out and about the best flowing pump you can buy. Does draw a descent amt of amps though, and needs to be 1" gravity fed but shouldn't be a prob w/large tank...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tweaker47 View Post
    Rule pumps belong in the bilge of a boat and that is about it. The heat, +5psi head pressure, 100% duty cycle just kills these pumps.
    Unfortunately, I think you are right.

I went over to the CTS-V Owners site and - sure enough - there is evidence of a very high failure rate with Rule pumps in daily driven vehicles.

It's the 100% duty cycle that appears to be a common denominator.

....simply sharing what was out there.
    Last edited by hflores3; 08-18-2016 at 05:32 PM. Reason: error
    2009 G8 GT

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    working great , on my dyno pull with ice in my icebox in trunk i started the pull iat was 66 degrees and climbed to 100 by the end of the run . Car made 760whp/700 tq running out of fuel . Im in fl and its rainy season so once the time cools down ill do a couple of highway pulls and see how it does
    Forgot to mention -- outstanding numbers!!! Shoot - 760 at the wheels? .... jeez man - that is a serious street machine!! Congrats!!
    2009 G8 GT