Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: No Cats

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Cats

Since my Cat delete this summer I get a lot of exhaust smell inside the car. I've tried putting the climate control on recycle and that helps a bit.
    Is anyone else getting the same problem?
    2009 G8 Gt White. ProCharger. GM Performance heads CNC. 617/623 Comp Cam.TCI 2800 Convertor. JP Timing Chain. Kooks full length with Cats. 85# injectors. FAST 102 Intake. Fast 102 Throttle body. Stock Mufflers with Electric Cut-Outs. Installed and at Scoggins Dickey in Lubbock Tx. Tuned by Chris Henry Motorsports using HP Tuners Mustang dyno 620hp/533tq without nitrous. Wheels 19x8 BonSpeeds front and 19x9.5 BonSpeeds rear. 245/40/19Front 305/35-19 Nitto NT05R Rear. 17x10 BonSpeeds with 26x11.5x17 MT Et Streets for drag nights. NX Express single nozzle wet system with 150hp jets installed with a Maximizer controller. BMR stuff-LCA-ToeRods-SubFrame connectors-Tunnel brace-Rear sway bar-Trailing arms.
    Basically its all stock.

Post Thanks / Like

You have a leak somewhere.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Catless here..running off road pipes from Kooks to Corsa and sitting still I will get a whiff once in a while nothing very strong. I have been under mine a couple times making sure everything is correct and torqued to specs. I don't think I have a leak. I think mines coming from the tips with the right breeze. If you are getting alot in the cabin I would agree with Ray.
    Last edited by donkeyGT; 01-24-2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason: added info
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

I'm running the same as DonkeyGT and if sitting at a light and the wind is just right, I can smell exhaust, otherwise, I have no issues. It does fill the garage up pretty quickly when I start it though and that drives my wife nuts! (short drive)

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm running catless straight back to the MagnaFlows, but I only notice the smell when I'm outside the car and it has been idling a while. It's generally more prominent in cooler weather. I've never noticed any heavy exhaust smell inside the car though. I'd say you may have a leak, but it would have to be right off the headers or near the headers if the smell is being pulled in the car.

Put some Dawn dish soap in some water and put some on your weld joints. If it starts bubbling, you know where the leak is. Although, if you do in fact have a leak and the smell is prominent enough to enter the car, you'll most likely be able to find it by other means.

Did you put new headers on when you took out the cats?
    Mods: Mods: BTR Stage II LS3 cam (225/238 .612"/.585" 113+3), DOD delete, ported/milled heads, Lunati link bar lifters, PaceSetter LT headers, Magnaflow cat back w/ cat delete, 160 t-stat, Rotofab CAI with HSRK, FTI 3600 stall with B&M transmission cooler, cutouts. Powertrain work done at L&S Garage. Tuned by Roshan at Powerhaus Performance, and Sky Watkins.

Visual: Maverickman coilovers - lowered 2" in front, 1.5" in rear, blackout windown trim, badge delete.

Coming soon: 3.27 gears

In-car entertainment: Morel component speaker system in front, Audison bit Ten digital sound processor and multi-channel Alpine amp powering all cabin speakers, dual 12" Alpine Type E's in the trunk powered by a mono Alpine 760. Hooked up at Elite Auto Image - Millersville, MD.

Post Thanks / Like

I am afraid to go catless anymore bc my wife bitches every time we get in and out of the car..... "We smell like gas bc of your car".....lol
    Usually not bad unless like above posters said, you are in an enclosed area or the wind is blowing it back in car, but then again, I never notice the smell unless my wife points it out anyway.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Cats

You shouldn't be smelling it while driving.

You my get a whiff while idling though. Startup would be the worst.

You can tune some of the smell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by G8GXP4now; 02-20-2016 at 09:06 AM.