2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I backed off the parking brake as much as I could and it did not affect the noise. It still comes and goes, and I can hear it at any speed. It kinda sounds like the dust shields dragging, but I didn't see any wear marks on them. The wear paths on the rotors looked the same as the front rotors. It sounds pretty ghetto. I gotta fix this but I don't know what to try next.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

After a 100 mile round trip on the highway earlier this week, I can't hear anything in the car. It was cold and wet today so I didn't roll the windows down to listen though. Maybe the pads and rotors were on the thicker side and just needed to wear down a bit.

And my parking brake does nearly nothing after backing it off. Can these be adjusted like drum brakes? Good firm brake application while going backwards?

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Did u ever figure this out?
    09.1 G8 GT, 20x9/10 Red G wheels, magnaflow catback, DT's, Crawford ported TB/manifold, Spectre 4"/LS7 MAF, Rotofab, HID's, Aussie SV6 tails, GXP rear diffuser, BMR strut bushings/cradle inserts, BMR sway, Megan Coils, CTS-V 6/4pot Brembos, HSV steering wheel.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4...psce2f18b1.jpg

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. If I remember right, I adjusted the parking brakes through the little rubber plug in the rotor hub. It's been fine since.

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Did u ever swap that caliper as well? Or was it the ebrake,shoe dragging the whole time causing all the dust?
    Last edited by djerickd; 02-02-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    09.1 G8 GT, 20x9/10 Red G wheels, magnaflow catback, DT's, Crawford ported TB/manifold, Spectre 4"/LS7 MAF, Rotofab, HID's, Aussie SV6 tails, GXP rear diffuser, BMR strut bushings/cradle inserts, BMR sway, Megan Coils, CTS-V 6/4pot Brembos, HSV steering wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you send me the how to? Djerickd at gmail

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

The original problem was simply that the inner pad was worn away. I determined the caliper was fine after fiddling with it a bit. The dragging sound after install was apparently caused by the fresh pads and rotor were just a little too thick or needed to bed in better. The sound went away after a long drive.

If you take the wheel off, you'll see a rubber plug in the rotor hub. Pop that out and you can see the star wheel. Rotating it adjusts the parking brake. I used a small flat head screwdriver against one of the wheel teeth and tapped it with a mallet to make it spin. It took a few iterations to get it right.

Winter-wear: