Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kooks axle back sound

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kooks axle back sound

I already have Kooks long tubes along with the matching x pipe. Does any one have the kooks axle backs also. How does it sound? Any drone?
    87 GN bolt ons Alky kit 12.10 @110 on Drs

Post Thanks / Like

Drone? lol!!! They drone OUTSIDE the car. I'm not kidding! The drone with FULL Kooks is UNBELIEVABLE! The sound is amazing, but it's pretty much unbearable in the car.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

3. Likes G8 GT V8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Drone? lol!!! They drone OUTSIDE the car. I'm not kidding! The drone with FULL Kooks is UNBELIEVABLE! The sound is amazing, but it's pretty much unbearable in the car.
    That sums up my experience as well.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

I have headers race cats, no resonator then straight through Magnaflow mufflers. Drone loosened teeth. I added a 18 inch long 3 inch pipe X pipe and it totally got rid n of the drone and some of the excessive loudness, it is perfect now.
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Im running Kooks LT and mid-pipe with Magnaflow AB's. I still have some drone.
    Mods: Things and Stuff 404rwhp 384tq

Post Thanks / Like

How are your thoughts on stock GXP mufflers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BarnesGN View Post
    How are your thoughts on stock GXP mufflers?
    My favorite direct bolt on axleback. I like the sound of Corsa better, but they don't offer a simple direct bolt on axleback, so the GXP mufflers were my best option.
    Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing you can't buy GXP mufflers from gm anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be available still. They were stupid expensive from GM. Even the GT mufflers are/were stupid expensive.
    Marty

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BarnesGN View Post
    I'm guessing you can't buy GXP mufflers from gm anymore.
    I bet you can find some by posting up asking here, the other board or FB.
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.