Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kooks axle back sound

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah already installed the kooks Lts and x pipe with stock mufflers. Sounds great at throttle but tame at idle, which for my 8th month old is great. However after the killer tune R. Crawford put in, I really want some more sound. I'm thinking GXP mufflers if I can scare some it up.
    87 GN bolt ons Alky kit 12.10 @110 on Drs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BarnesGN View Post
    Yeah already installed the kooks Lts and x pipe with stock mufflers. Sounds great at throttle but tame at idle, which for my 8th month old is great. However after the killer tune R. Crawford put in, I really want some more sound. I'm thinking GXP mufflers if I can scare some it up.
    The GXPs will certainly crank it up a notch.

Not sure how much trouble it would be to make them work, but a set of Chevy SS axlebacks might be able to work, with the right modifications assuming that you could get into a set cheap enough to make it worth working them over. You'd have to research it more, but certainly some food for thought. I know that they are not a direct replacement due to not having a flanged connection and their hanger rods might not work with the G8's setup either and there's the single tip that some either love or hate...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

They do drone quite a bit, but sound amazing when you're anywhere over half throttle.

http://youtu.be/PwxqqbfjIVA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 G8 GT
    Vararam Intake, OBX 1 7/8" headers/X-pipe, Kooks Axlebacks, tuned using HPTuners

2001 Corvette (Playtoy)
    H/C/I, stalled auto, 3.42 gear, Vararam intake, Kooks Headers/X-pipe, Borla catback.
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500 (Daily)
    K&N intake tube