Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JessMan View Post
    Interesting. This one is responsive until I basically floor board it. Just rolling on the throttle to accelerate past a car it's great. Once I mat it, it feels like I just put in the clutch, waited about a full second and then dumped the clutch hard on whatever gear it goes down into haha! Basically I go forward from loss of acceleration, then get slung back into the seat from the abrupt acceleration once it finds the gear that it wants.
    OK, no tune then. You can get rid of the delay with a tune.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I plan to do a tune after I install headers, high flow cats, x pipe, axle backs, and some porting done on my throttle body and manifold.

Pale Horse
    2009 G8 GT Sport Edition
    Mods: Vararam intake, HIDs

Post Thanks / Like

Also this car is an early 2009, 9L1 Vin, which I have read that they have lifter problems at around 50K. This car is well past that point. Should I worry about replacing them? I do not know if the previous owner replaced them or not.

Pale Horse
    2009 G8 GT Sport Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Dammit. Well I just started the G8 with the remote start and heard a definite lifter tick. It's around high 40s tonight. It went away after about 30 Seconds. The Previous Owner says he's running Mobil 5w-30 in it. I checked the level when I got it and it was about half a quart low and I added half a quart last week. I have had trouble with mobile 1 in the past due to its low zinc content making very loud valve train noise in my LS1 on cold mornings. Loud valve train noise until it warmed up. Once I switched to Castrol GTX I never had this problem again. What do you guys think? Should I start saving up to replace my lifters? And would that change from full synthetic Mobil 1 to GTX have a negative impact on the L76?

Pale Horse
    2009 G8 GT Sport Edition

Post Thanks / Like

20151203_172409.jpg

Well this sucks. Damn coolant hose came off while cruising on the highway. Anyone have this problem before?

Pale Horse
    2009 G8 GT Sport Edition

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That issue seems to be increasingly common as the miles accumulate on these cars. I have seen 3-4 complaints about this this week.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Any remedies that you guys would suggest trying? Any knowledge of what is causing it?

Pale Horse
    2009 G8 GT Sport Edition

Post Thanks / Like

My vararam intake latches are very loose. As in there is slack so they do not have any resistance to keep them latched and they easily come undone.

Also the top of my radiator moves pretty freely with several inches of play. Is there supposed to be a radiator support bracket on the top?

Pale Horse
    2009 G8 GT Sport Edition

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had a Vararam I used some aluminum strap to fashion a pair of braces for the radiator on the top. I think there is an inherent weakness in the design of the radiator since this has happened to people without a Vararam.

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I'll have to look into making a brace then. I don't like how much it moves. I fixed the hose with a screw type clamp and filled it back up.

But now I have a decent pop coming from my passenger front every time I turn right and I'm not crawling at a low speed. It doesn't happen when I'm sitting still either. Only when I make a 90 degree turn onto another street or something similar.

Pale Horse
    2009 G8 GT Sport Edition