Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dba/Hawk brake issue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8g8 View Post
    Yeah but to me that makes them a poor street pad. All I want on the street is consistent braking no matter the temperature, like an OEM pad.

I should have done more research. At least pads are cheap. I might just replace the fronts since the rears don't do much anyway.
    Seriously unsure why you're having an issue. The difference between the stock pad and the HPS's was amazing for me. I have their ceramics on my GXP and they don't have near the bite of the HPS's.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I see a lot of the same complaints all over the internet. But many say they stop great as well.

I wonder if it's a QC issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps a brake In issue or sensitive to oil.
    I cleaned. The ever living crap out of the rotors and scuffed the pads.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuildItYourSelf View Post
    Perhaps a brake In issue or sensitive to oil.
    I cleaned. The ever living crap out of the rotors and scuffed the pads.
    I did clean the rotors well.

The brakes were working better today when cold, perhaps they are just taking longer to break in. They are adequate today.

Post Thanks / Like

Just installed Brake Motive brakes on my wife's Equinox. $200 for all 4 corners, rotors and pads. I bedded them the same way I bedded the Hawk/DBAs and they started to stop on a dime right after the bedding process. This chinese, supposedly "crap" setup stops much better than my setup. They are ceramics too. I am effing pissed off man.

No response back from Marylandspeed, Hawk, or DB

Post Thanks / Like

Maryland speed responded and basically said "they're fine for everyone else".

These pads are downright dangerous. I washed my car today and the brakes barely worked when wet after hosing the car down. I put basic advance auto pads on and it stops 100x better. Never buying hawk again. Piece of shit pads man.

Post Thanks / Like

Something had to have happened to your pads. I'm happy with mine along with others.
    I would think hawlk is interested in seeing What's up with them. Maybe a bad batch or something that slipped through qc.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

8. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you had a set of Hawk pads for the track in the box by mistake?

Post Thanks / Like

I have DBA, Russell and Hawk pads - use on street and track no issues. First couple of presses in the AM are just a touch firmer - the pads need to warm up. What you're describing is something totally different. Sorry you're having a specific issue but reply after reply that the setup is shit doesn't change the fact that dozens, if not hundreds of members who are here run the exact same setup with no issues. If you're looking for a chorus of validation - you're not going to get it.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Zero issues with hawk pads.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.