Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New z51 vette

Post Thanks / Like

Default New z51 vette

First I would love to say I beat his ass, but I didn't. A simple race. Both at light, he revved up so I new it was on. Light turned green, vett gave me the hit then he punched it. My car got a great hole shot, with the window down I could here him coming. At 70 he was at my door and pulling on by, I waited till he was physically past me and shut it down. I felt great I even gave him decent race. It was worth it just to see the look of surprise on the passengers face, then he strained his neck backwards to snap a shot of my car with his phone. Vett sounded awesome going by me.
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

They are ridiculously fast in stock form (light weight) especially with the new A8 trans which didn't make it's debut until the 2015s...Sounds like you had some fun!!!
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice run for sure.
    Maybe it was Marty playing with ya
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

the new stingray with the a8 is no joke, good run I bet that was fun...
    2009.5 MSM/Onyx G8 GT premium/sport/sunroof
    Wrenched and tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning in Cedar Park, TX USA

Post Thanks / Like

I got my car retuned for the additional Red Alto clutches and CircleD 3000 stall and what a difference, Fell back in love with my car all over again. It was running so good I went out hunting. A subie WRX with characteristic shitcan muffler was first up. It was obviously worked and I watched it demolish an older el camino, which had 350 markings on the side. So I worked my way over and took him to task. He pulled out a high rpm holeshot on me, but by 60 I was going on by him. I drove around for 30 minutes before I got in a major race with a worked older CTS-v. 3 runs were pretty much even with me getting the holeshot and him running me down, great fun with windows down. Next was a badass Supra, I know them and a worked one is out of my league but I like competition, it was also a waste of my gas. All butt hurt I headed home. Right before packing it in, a new still with sticker on the window Chevy SS. He gave me a little show banging through the gears, he could obviously shift, good for him. I eased up to the light, he gave me the thumbs up and fingers forward as if to indicate lets go. No problem there I would not miss this for the world. The light turns green and I get a awesome holeshot, I slingshotted out of there like a jet with a steam catapult, I never saw him, though I could hear him banging gears back by my quarter panel, around 80 he fell back to two cars and I let out. We came to another light and instead of coming alongside and talking or going again he pulled behind me and then stayed back 3 or 4 cars, I guess he had enough so I went home...
    Last edited by AVIDMOTION; 12-11-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

6. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw on the internet (so it has to be true) a DEAD STOCK tires and all C7 Z06 run a 10.4 1320.

Avid, I'm surprised you raced. Were you able to stop with those rotors and pads?

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea, my combo is awesome, only brake problems I had were the red stuff with these rotors, mine are the 4000xs, not sure if different then the 4000, mine had a gold hat when new. The red stuffs lasted less then 10,000 miles and would get greasy feeling after several high speed stostops. This combo works wonders that I have now. BTW I only have fronts are the 4000xs, rears hp GMPP with hawk hps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I just saw on the internet (so it has to be true) a DEAD STOCK tires and all C7 Z06 run a 10.4 1320.

Avid, I'm surprised you raced. Were you able to stop with those rotors and pads?
    Believe it or not, those results were reproduced, and six months apart at that...

Exhibit A:

https://youtu.be/H34FHs9Pddw

Exhibit B:

https://youtu.be/4_-6xmOGu4w

Post Thanks / Like

I think Avid said he ran a Z51. The Z51 has the 460 HP LT1 and doesn't run 10.x stock. Z51 is more like mid to high 11's stock...which is still pretty damn good, just not as impressive as the Z06...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

yep, correct, we were just off topic...

buddy of mine just bought a new c7 z06 and is going to build it up... he just came off of building a 1300whp GTR (Boost Logic) but has owned many Corvettes over the years, so we'll see how this goes...