Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My mod list for my V6 G8

Post Thanks / Like

update on the car just got the orrosom otr intake installed video to come soon also picked up a 3.45 lsd diff with 6500km today so planing to put that on in the weeks to come and have a video of that as well

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

i have started on swapping the diff and run into a problem i have to unfortunately take the diffs to a drive line shop and get the yokes swapped need to have the v6 one on my 3.45. so the car will sit on jack stands for a week or so...

Post Thanks / Like

Always enjoy your progress updates, thank you.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

well it finally happened got the 3.45 lsd diff in and it works awesome!!! (speedometer is a bit off will need to get a tune update to fix that) the only real troubles i ran into were the yokes needed to be swapped ( stock v6 yoke onto the v8 diff) and my brake calipers has seized on me. prying the driveshaft off the yoke and getting the axles out of the stock diff was a pain but managed to do it all on the floor with jack stands. well here is the video hope you all enjoy it and it helps y'all out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK97rWkqiqQ

Post Thanks / Like

Great work....
    09 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Mods
    Go: Vararam CAI, SLP Headers, Magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler & PM-FL Axlebacks. Tuned by MAC Autosports of Parker, Colorado. FE3 Shocks N Struts.

Show: Little Trees US Flag Vanilla Scented Air Freshener; SLP G8 Firehawk wheels; tinted windows

The Track
    Best 1/4: 13.969 @ 102.70 @ Pueblo Motorsports Park, w/ DA of 3921'.