Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My mod list for my V6 G8

Post Thanks / Like

Default My mod list for my V6 G8

here is a complete list of what i am going to do for performance mods majority will be purchased through ADMgarage.com and are listed in cost of mod kinda
    1.vietneess throttle controller
    2. 25mm manifold insulators
    3. camaro long tube headers/full exhaust
    4. tune
    5.otr oressome cold air intake
    6.3.27 lsd differential
    7.CPR6 intake manifold
    8.210/210 mace cams
    probably be a while before its all done and may out in some supporting mods for the cams if deemed necessary. going to build this car instead of buying a GT. wish me luck. if there is anything else i decide to put on i will add to this thread and post results and install videos

2. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a man with a plan, and deep pockets! Can't wait to see the result. Good luck and keep us updated!

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of power would this put you at and what cost compared to selling your V6 and getting a GT? Not trying to dissuade you, just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wastedrubber View Post
    What kind of power would this put you at and what cost compared to selling your V6 and getting a GT? Not trying to dissuade you, just curious.
    i just wanted to be different everyone is building the V8 to be fast so i decided to build the V6 instead plus car is paid off so wouldn't make sense to trade in. AS for how much power ill end up pumping out fully built im estimating adding about 100rwhp so should be around 350-400 range plus whatever i can get from the tune also.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYwv0Tl4FAc intstalled the throttle controller

Post Thanks / Like

little pull video i took this weekend
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vliR388VCv8

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up putting money into G8 V6 , so I ended up buying a 2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium . I still got my G8 though can't let her go .
    08 Pontiac G8 V6 Comfort and Sound Package :
    20 x 9 Borghini Wheels
    Tinted
    Roto-Fab intake
    1 inch Drop on Eibach
    Debadged W/ White Arrow Heads
    GXP Diffuser
    Pypes Axle Backs

Post Thanks / Like

Go all out and build the engine to turn 10k with boost!
    I remember an article I read about a camaro v6. The engine came out and was destroked with light rotating assembly. Tons of head work, cams, and the rest of the good stuff. Twin turbo. The car make something like 550 whp. Then transmission problems. The follow up article was on line with a T56 swap some how.
    I thought it was cool to see someone put that effort into the v6. And the cost was about the same as if he built the v8. A few hundred HP short of course. But the v6 saved weight and was a smooth power band.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuildItYourSelf View Post
    Go all out and build the engine to turn 10k with boost!
    I remember an article I read about a camaro v6. The engine came out and was destroked with light rotating assembly. Tons of head work, cams, and the rest of the good stuff. Twin turbo. The car make something like 550 whp. Then transmission problems. The follow up article was on line with a T56 swap some how.
    I thought it was cool to see someone put that effort into the v6. And the cost was about the same as if he built the v8. A few hundred HP short of course. But the v6 saved weight and was a smooth power band.
    Jay Leno had an original Gen5 with a TT V6 back in like 2010 I believe. Was built with help from GM (of course) if memory serves.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzZqoyWQfEE pull with the long tube headers