Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running a 427ci with a tvs supercharger?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone running a 427ci with a tvs supercharger?

I started my car today and i heard what seems to sound like rodknock so im being proactive and preparing for the future .

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you should be the first, unless you have a 1900, then don't.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

3. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a 1900 why not.

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong, but I believe that the 1900 will have difficulty in keeping up with the air volume demands required by 427 cubic inches...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

6. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 GT V8 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe that the 1900 will have difficulty in keeping up with the air volume demands required by 427 cubic inches...
    agreed. The 1900 will definitely be undersized for that much cubic inch. Even a 2300 would have a hard time keeping up. For a 1900, we would do a 404 with compression ratio in the low to mid 10's, and with a 2300, we would do a 419 in the same range for compression. This will allow you to keep the boost at a level that produces less heat, and keep a nice flat powerband that doesn't fall off too early because it has ran out of blower.

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a video tour of the shop

8. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Too
    Quote Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports View Post
    agreed. The 1900 will definitely be undersized for that much cubic inch. Even a 2300 would have a hard time keeping up. For a 1900, we would do a 404 with compression ratio in the low to mid 10's, and with a 2300, we would do a 419 in the same range for compression. This will allow you to keep the boost at a level that produces less heat, and keep a nice flat powerband that doesn't fall off too early because it has ran out of blower.
    Ok thanks how about a 376

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    Too

Ok thanks how about a 376
    a 1900 would work well on that too, and we would target something in the 10:1 range for CR.

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Post Thanks / Like

appreciate the help i will look into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    appreciate the help i will look into it.
    No problem! We have all of these options available as well, so let us know if we can help you in any way

Livernois Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like

Will do