Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morimoto LED fog lights from TRS installed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Morimoto LED fog lights from TRS installed

This past weekend I got my new Fog lights in I quickly realized there wasn't a write up on fog light housing replacement just bulbs so I thought I would throw this together to help anyone hesitant on doing this themselves.

You can buy these Fogs here: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.VbZCvKRVikp
    "mods let me know if this isn't allowed I will delete this portion

Use discount code theretrofitsource for $50 off

HOW TO:

You don't have to take the front wheels off. If working on the Drivers side fog turn the wheel all the way to the right and pop those little plastic retainers off the wheel well.

If starting with the passenger side turn the wheel all the way to the left and take the plastic retainers off to access behind the Fog light.

Once in you'll see in there at the back of the fogs they have little plastic pieces that can be squeezed to release the entire assembly.

When you have the old fog light out you will need to remove the adjustment screws and the plastic piece it screws in then pop it in the new LED fog light assembly.

once you get the old clips on the new fog it will just pop right in

Then wait until it gets dark and aim them to your liking please note these will blind people if too high and be considerate!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Kahdir thanked for this post
    Likes MongosG8, GeoffA, Kahdir liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The promotion code you listed doesn't work!

I had saved a link to these on FB because it's a weak spot for the G8 IMO. Good post! I have no issue with it.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

You can also access the fogs by just pulling the lower grills out (for those with a GT bumper). Those fogs look nice, I got impatient and put XML2's in mine a few months back.
    Last edited by mjones73; 07-27-2015 at 11:00 AM.
    Matt Jones
    2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s

Post Thanks / Like

Promotion Code "GMXBGB" works!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I see that these only come in 5500K color. It's hard to tell from the pic, but are they more white or more bluish? They look more on the white side to me. I ask because I'd like to match my 6000K headlight hid's which are more on the blue side.

Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX
    --Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk--
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

Post Thanks / Like

The pattern seems really nice on those units. Hope to get mine installed soon. Thank you for the quick write-up!
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terryscott621 View Post
    I see that these only come in 5500K color. It's hard to tell from the pic, but are they more white or more bluish? They look more on the white side to me. I ask because I'd like to match my 6000K headlight hid's which are more on the blue side.

Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX
    --Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk--
    They are pretty white with no blue. At least this is how my pair looks. Should be buttoning up the car tomorrow and hopefully get some pics.
    97 T/A Ram Air Convt
    777rwhp Dyno Queen - 383 LT1, F1A Procharger, S60, LS1 PCM Conversion, Tuned by TuneTime. 10.7@137

2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Ignition Orange - TTP Tuned/Vararam Intake/ARH LT's - 12.86@108 - Should of held third

Post Thanks / Like

Finished my install and took some pics. I am pretty happy with the results.

OEM

Morimoto XB LED Fog Housings

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
    777rwhp Dyno Queen - 383 LT1, F1A Procharger, S60, LS1 PCM Conversion, Tuned by TuneTime. 10.7@137

2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Ignition Orange - TTP Tuned/Vararam Intake/ARH LT's - 12.86@108 - Should of held third

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would put some Xpel on the lenses to keep the glass from getting chipped up....
    2009.5 SBM G8 GT--More mods than I care to talk about...

Post Thanks / Like

These look great! This would look good on my G8.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

12. Likes matts88yj, blackbirdws6 liked this post