Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morimoto LED fog lights from TRS installed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket69GTP View Post
    Had to do it on the vehicle itself. Test fit the fog lights and you will see what I am talking about.
    Good to know.

Thanks!

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to buy some when they had the 50 off a while ago. It didn't work and I gave up. Oh well. Looks nice.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    I tried to buy some when they had the 50 off a while ago. It didn't work and I gave up. Oh well. Looks nice.
    What didn't work? The coupon? Have you tried contacting them? They're actually rather nice to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the G8 specific link.

It's says plug and play so I'd imagine that if you order from this page, you wouldn't need to reverse the wires.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.VhciVCb3bKA

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: $155 shipped new via a group buy: http://www.distantxtremes.com/Groupbuy-GMGB2016.html
    2009 LR G8 GXP - M6, Roof, Onyx/Red Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Just to help with this, I put mine in today and discovered pretty early on if you pull the lower black plastic honeycomb pieces on the front of the bumper, you don't have to go through the wheel well in order to pop these out. Had to do a little bit of cutting with a dremel with the plastic located just in front of the two top holes in order for the fog lights to seat. Put the fogs lights in first (plugs are reversed unless you take the time to switch the wires) and put the black plastic back on last for a nice fit.
    Had to do it on the vehicle itself. Test fit the fog lights and you will see what I am talking about.
    Just installed these last night and didn't have to do any cutting. Just remove the black plastic piece around the fog light housings (GXP) and pop the new fog lights in with the existing mounting clips from the old fog lights.

Sure, they don't sit centered like the OE fogs, but it's not noticeable and the black plastic piece fits around it. But like you said, you'd want to install the fogs and then put the black plastic piece back over the fog AFTER the install.

Oh and the new group buy at $155 shipped in on their third group of 10 people. I've been told that it won't last too long and they need 7 more people before those sets ship out.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick FYI to those on the fence: The vendor's website has been updated (there's a countdown) and the group buy is only valid for 9 more days!

GMGB2016 - DistantXtremes Lighting