Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: front strut mount question

Post Thanks / Like

I have just under 25k on my G8.. Mine collapsed the first year I had it causing a lot of friction underneath. This caused my white paint to discolor around my strut mounts under engine compartment. Wasn't happy but Dealer fixed the issue.

I have not had a problem until last fall. Looks like mine are collapsing again. So IMO you are better off with aftermarket ..Im now going to do my homework on the ones BLKG8 provided the link for.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLKG8 View Post
    I haven't used them, but just like you im looking for something better but that won't make it ride much harsher. Here's a video i seen regarding the superpro polyelast.
    good video thanks, i called on these and they are $180.37 + $9.99 shipping not all that bad, that's for 2 with bushings. now all we need is to find someone who has a set of these on their car..
    1979 Camaro Berlinetta Camel Metallic
    2003 Monte Carlo SS Victory Red
    1992 Towncar Signature Series Gray Metallic
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    I have just under 25k on my G8.. Mine collapsed the first year I had it causing a lot of friction underneath. This caused my white paint to discolor around my strut mounts under engine compartment. Wasn't happy but Dealer fixed the issue.

I have not had a problem until last fall. Looks like mine are collapsing again. So IMO you are better off with aftermarket ..Im now going to do my homework on the ones BLKG8 provided the link for.

since OEM parts still are garbage makes me wonder what's being used on the SS?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Freeman View Post
    since OEM parts still are garbage makes me wonder what's being used on the SS?
    I thought the same thing too .. I hope GM updated them. Especially on the new SS because its been a known issue for the G8s .

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

I know this has been asked several times already but the top of the strut mount on my G8 has separated on both sides. I’ve read on FB and still don’t understand why these separate to start with? Mine is an 09 GT with 9,620 miles on the clock & 100% stock. I could understand if it had like 100k.. thanks...
    9620 miles?
    How often do you drive it?
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GXPaycheck View Post
    9620 miles?
    How often do you drive it?
    not often it's my garage queen, along with a 79 Camaro I bought new that car has 12,010 miles on it and has always been garage kept. my DD is an 03 Monte Carlo SS..

Post Thanks / Like

anyone bought from SuperPro? just need to ask before I spend almost $200. I'd rather hear from someone that has polyelast..

Post Thanks / Like

I have them on my G8. No issues with the bushing. Comes with grease and metal strut shaft bushing. The original G8 OEM bearing fits but the GM 92249441 does not so I would be sure to order it with bearings.
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRR8GT View Post
    I have them on my G8. No issues with the bushing. Comes with grease and metal strut shaft bushing. The original G8 OEM bearing fits but the GM 92249441 does not so I would be sure to order it with bearings.
    Thanks for that! I was thinking about pulling the trigger on these thinking the bearings were included.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone bought from SuperPro? just need to ask before I spend almost $200. I'd rather hear from someone that has polyelast..
    I've heard that the SuperPro is a little softer poly, and if you look at the pictures has outer ribs that lock tight to the under fender. I replaced mine at the beginning of the month with Whiteline polys/bearings and boy I can finally turn my wheel with one hand again. I was at 54k and the v-gap was completely collapsed on one another on the mount. The ride feels pretty much the same, the only thing I'm not liking is because poly is so much harder than the oem rubber when leaving an unleveled surface the top mount has some play. My guess it the rubber stuck tight to the bottom molding to the bottom fender and was quiet with play where as the poly being stiff moves and knocks at low speeds. Otherwise I wouldn't replace with oem at all.

**ALSO, no matter what mileage your at besure to have a new set of struts ready to put on. I put on FE3, why go though all that work and not change out the dampers with everything apart. Mine were totally shot.
    2009 Voodoo Metallic Blue G8 GT
    1 of less than 1,111
    Premium/non-Sport & no-roof >
    HSV Engine Cover, HSV R8 8/9.5x19 Clubsport summer set, Corsa CB,
    18" Drag-37 winter set, Pontiac cargo tray, Vararam OTR, V6 Radiator Cover,
    BMR Sways, Yellow +09 CTS-V Brembos, LLumar Ceramic Tint 40/30/15%,

5 Year Plan: Kooks Mids, Pat G Tune, 3.27 Dif, HSV Front Guards & Flutes, E3 Front Bumper