Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Seat Brackets

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I test fit and adjusted all of them today. I will go buy boxes tomorrow and all that have paid will have theirs shipped on Tuesday.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

All those that paid and I have their shipping address have been shipped. I PMed your tracking number.

I will send out a couple reminders for those I have not heard from.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Diy

A quick and dirty DIY for those of you working on this:

Part 1 - Seat removal:

1. Move seat to the far forward position.
    2. Grasp the back inside seat rail cover from the center of the bottom. Pull up and out to release. This one likes to be stubborn the first time it comes out. Get your fingers up as far up and inside as you can so the plastic does not break. It has a steel spring clip that holds it on.
    3. Pull upward on the back of the outside rear rail cover and rotate it up. One small round clip holds it on. Once it is rotated up it will slide out of the front cover piece.
    4. Remove the two bolts holding the back of the seat down.
    5. Move the seat as far back and up as it will go.
    6. Pull straight forward on the inside front rail cover to pull it out. It just has a plastic part that slides into the rail.
    7. Pull up slightly on the back of the front outer cover to release one small round clip, then pull the cover forward to slide it out of the front of the rail.
    8. There are 5 electrical connectors to disconnect. You will probably cuss some of these the first time you mess with them. Unhook all of them except for the one farthest on the outside of the 4 in the forward group. That one is power to the seat adjustors. Also need to unlatch one plastic latch holding the wires down.
    9. Move the seat so it is centered on the rail and as low as it will go.
    10. Remove the last power connector.
    11. On the seatbelt on the outside is a small plastic flap about the size of a nickel. Open it to reveal a torx bolt. Loosen the bolt. You may want to use a magnet, the torx bit, gravity, or something else to hold the bolt out so the seatbelt will slip out. May need to cuss a little more.
    12. Turn the knob on the side of the seat to bring the top of the seatback forward as far as possible. Basically folding the seat somewhat.
    13. Lift up on the back of the seat, and then pull backward then upward on seat to release the front tabs. Set seat back down on the carpet.
    14. Make sure your front door is open as far as possible. Make sure the rear door is shut so you do not scratch the paint. Make you have adequate clearance around the car and its surroundings to get the seat out of the car and where you want to set it down. The seat is heavy and the rail prongs and rear bolt down tabs like to scratch things they come in contact with. You have been warned
    15. Grasp the seat on the front and back and lift the seat and rotate the front of the seat out of the car while simultaneously leaning the top of the seat down. Watch those nasty prongs and tabs or you will have scratched plastic somewhere. You may want a buddy to help to keep an eye on clearance.

Part 2 - Test fit new brackets:

1. The brackets come in pairs and have different length back tabs. Place the brackets in the correct position. You may need to push them down a bit to get the rear bolts started. If you have to push down a bunch, then you may need to grind them down a bit. I am not sure how much car to car variation we will run into. Where I have already ground them will be probably where you would need to grind more.
    2. Tighten back bolts down once brackets are adjusted if necessary.
    3. Check that the brackets are parallel and also level cross car with each other. They will not be level down the length of the car, not designed that way. They just need to be even with each other.
    4. Fiddle with the brackets if they are not close to even by grinding or rarely bending back tab slightly.
    5. Reinstall brackets.

Part 3 - Place seat to check placement:

1. You will not be able to sit in the seat to check location since it will be loose. My hint would to have the opposite side seat adjusted where you want it and use that as an approximate reference.
    2. Mark position of seat on brackets.
    3. Remove seats and brackets.

Part 4 - Attach brackets to seat:

1. Buy appropriate grade and size bolts to attach your seat to the brackets. I used 1/4 inch diameter by 1 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts. Those are the shortest that will work, you may need longer. I included washers and lock washers.
    2. Drill 4 holes in the appropriate location on the brackets.
    3. If you are incorporating a slider or have different seats than I bought you will need to figure out the mounting.
    4. Attach brackets to the seats, but leave the bolts loose. This helps with final installation.

Part 5 - Removing the belt buckle from the seat:

1. There is an electrical connector for the seat belt buckle that needs to be unhooked under the seat, it is right in the middle. You will also need to cut a wire tie to get the wire loose.
    2. Buckle is removed with one large torx.

Part 6 - Attaching the belt buckle to new seat:

1. On the seat I purchased there is a bolt that attaches the seat to the the seat bracket (not my bracket). This is where I bolted the buckle to. because of the curvature of the buckle it is easiest to mount it backwards. This makes unbuckling it a little more awkward, but it works.
    2. To avoid the backward mount I think I am going to bend a strap of steel and mount the buckle this way. The strap will mount to my bracket directly. Should be stronger too.

Part 7 - Final installation:

1. Put seat in the car in the reverse manner of how the stock seats were put in. Watch those prongs and tabs!
    2. Slip the tabs in the front by tilting seat up. May need to move the brackets slightly.
    3. Bolt down the tabs in back. May need to move brackets slightly. You can connect the seat belt tab that was disconnected above to the outside bolt.
    4. Tighten down bolts holding the seat to the brackets.

I will add some pics and text as I have time over the next couple days.
    Last edited by TooManyHobbies; 09-19-2015 at 04:51 PM.

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

4. Thanks Nate thanked for this post
    VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the text is there above. Need to add some pics when I get a chance. Lemme know if you have questions.

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the same seat, how to you get in without shoving the side of the seat up your butt? It's pretty comfy once your in & way more supportive than the stock seat.
    2009 GT LR
    404 Stroker RCR Top End Big Lunati on 112 Coan 3600 Stall - No times yet
    RCR Top End Big Lunati Coan 3000 (flash 2400) - 11.76 @ 120 60' - 1.75
    Lunati 231/239 on 111 11.35 @ 123 60' - 1.67 in 3000' DA
    PTC 3800 Stall - ??
    BMR bits in the rear Eiback springs all around 3.45's

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesm943 View Post
    I bought the same seat, how to you get in without shoving the side of the seat up your butt? It's pretty comfy once your in & way more supportive than the stock seat.
    LOL, I do not have a problem getting in. Getting out can be a work though. I do not remember any certain method to getting in, just kind of fall in and rotate.

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One person went non-responsive, so I have one set of the brackets available immediately. This set has one bracket that had the rear tab welded in a slightly wrong position. Because of this I had to ovalize the hole slightly. Really will not affect the performance. First $120 takes the set.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

PM'd

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Last set sold.

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

11. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Good job!
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.