Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tune for vararam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tune for vararam

Does anyone have a box tune I can use for my car. I have a vararam that I want to install, but the last time I had it on, it was causing some WOT shifting issues. I know I need to get the car dyno tuned, but unfortunately that's not in the budget right now. I have HPT(not pro) so if anyone has something I can use or a walk through for tuning for it, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have the stock maf sensor, if not it may help to get a ls7 maf card and HSRK so you can put the iat sensor right after the filter in the housing... You will also need the aluminum 4" pipe w/maf adapter and some hose/clamps

Post Thanks / Like

I still have the stock maf

Post Thanks / Like

You don't use a HSRK with an LS7 MAF! If you have the stock MAF, get a HSRK and put it on the front snorkel of the Vararam.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    You don't use a HSRK with an LS7 MAF! If you have the stock MAF, get a HSRK and put it on the front snorkel of the Vararam.
    Why not use a HSRK with a LS7 MAF?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    Why not use a HSRK with a LS7 MAF?
    I'd like to know this as well? I have the LS7 Maf and HSRK
    2008 NA G8 GT

1/4 mile = 10.93 @ 123
    60' = 1.47
    DA = 500

Naturally Aspirated-230/242 Cam-.030 Milled Heads-Valve Job-New Era Performance ECM/TCM tune-New Era Performance Ported Throttle Body-Vararam CAI-Rick Crawford Modified Intake Manifold-VMS HSRK-UD Pulley-MSD Plugs-4" MAF-Ram Air Plate-Circle D Triple Disk 4000-4200 245mm Converter-3.45 gears-1 7/8 American Racing Headers-Magnaflow mid muffler-SLP Lowering Springs in Rear-M&H Skinnies-Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials 295/45/17-Dark Star Rims

- ARANGO AUTOMOTIVE & TOWING SERVICES, WEBSTER NY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG2132 View Post
    I'd like to know this as well? I have the LS7 Maf and HSRK
    Chewy replied to me in a PM.

Apparently stock MAF screen is slow to read susceptible to heat and the HSRK sensor improves that. When you ditch the screen for the card, it reads much faster and eliminates the need for relocating the sensor.

Post Thanks / Like

what screen? My MAF is stock but has no screen, I have a HSRK too. Did I take it out and not remember....
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    Chewy replied to me in a PM.

Apparently stock MAF screen is slow to read susceptible to heat and the HSRK sensor improves that. When you ditch the screen for the card, it reads much faster and eliminates the need for relocating the sensor.
    Thanks for that info. It won't hurt it though, right? I'll just keep it in if it doesn't affect it in any way
    2008 NA G8 GT

1/4 mile = 10.93 @ 123
    60' = 1.47
    DA = 500

Naturally Aspirated-230/242 Cam-.030 Milled Heads-Valve Job-New Era Performance ECM/TCM tune-New Era Performance Ported Throttle Body-Vararam CAI-Rick Crawford Modified Intake Manifold-VMS HSRK-UD Pulley-MSD Plugs-4" MAF-Ram Air Plate-Circle D Triple Disk 4000-4200 245mm Converter-3.45 gears-1 7/8 American Racing Headers-Magnaflow mid muffler-SLP Lowering Springs in Rear-M&H Skinnies-Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials 295/45/17-Dark Star Rims

- ARANGO AUTOMOTIVE & TOWING SERVICES, WEBSTER NY

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't say the stock screen! I said the stock sensor! Rick told me to dump the HSRK if using the LS7 MAF.

I am in NO way an expert on these things. I go by what the experts say!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!