Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are PPV Shocks better than FE3's?

Post Thanks / Like

When I changed mine I was not aware of the PPV's. But the FE3's with bushings & rear cradle inserts made a huge difference.
    G8 GT K & N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam 219/223 .625/.625 DOD with LS3 valves , LS7 lifters, BTR SKOO1 springs, 7.425 Comp cam pushrods & SLP UDP. AC tensioner upgrade.

V6 Spectre CAI, Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting ready to do the PPV struts on the wife's G8 GT and I'm debating if I want to do Springs or not. The front end is pretty tight gap wise I assume the mounts are collapsed. Looking to do either Whiteline or the Pros from BMR. This will most likely raise the front end.

I'm thinking the Eibach Springs because of the minimal drop I've read roughly 1". I don't want to make the ride too rough but firm "euro" style handling is desired.

Also as an option (outside chance it works) I have my old Camaro SS Springs off of my '13 1LE. Does anyone have insight if that is feasible?

Any advice that can be had is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Eibach springs are a good choice. Same with h&r.

4. Likes firefighter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bnardo View Post
    Eibach springs are a good choice. Same with h&r.
    Thanks for the reply. I ended up going with Tein Springs as the drop is supposed to leave a slight rake and the rates are only a little bit stiffer than factory. I'm trying to be conservative with the set up as the G8 is my wife's DD. The parts are coming in next week.

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking to get some PPV's , I have h&r springs, should I go with the Monroe heavy duty, or the acdelo oem replacements?

This car is my daily so I am looking for comfort.

Thanks
    08 gt
    Black , Black/red int.
    roto fab intake / borla cat back.

Post Thanks / Like

Well up front the PPV are Monroe struts. I have all my parts but the install got put off this weekend.

It'll be at least 2 weeks before I have the time.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
    I am looking to get some PPV's , I have h&r springs, should I go with the Monroe heavy duty, or the acdelo oem replacements?

This car is my daily so I am looking for comfort.

Thanks
    Well, you're headed in the wrong direction for comfort. Lowering springs have higher spring rates (H&R 20% higher?) then you need stiffer dampers to handle the stiffer springs.

Yes, I heard about the magic combo of stiffer springs and dampers that feel smooth but that is hit or miss (IMO). I hope someone here can offer up that magic combo for H&R springs.

I have PPVs on stock springs and its close to the edge for comfort. There are some here that have done PPVs and lowering springs and found out the family cannot tolerate the ride. The only oem dampers that are worth considering are the Fe3s. Some have said the PPVs are stiffer than Fe3s, others have said they are the same. But Fe3s are no longer available unless you can find some still in stock. Others have tried without success.
    Last edited by WhatNext; 03-29-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've spoken to a number of people with the Tein/PPV combo and it supposedly turns out exactly like I'm looking for.

More sports sedan less Cadillac, while still comfortable.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    I've spoken to a number of people with the Tein/PPV combo and it supposedly turns out exactly like I'm looking for.

More sports sedan less Cadillac, while still comfortable.
    That's great you were able to get detailed/multiple feedback on the exact combo you are considering.
    Last edited by WhatNext; 03-29-2017 at 07:45 AM.

11. Likes firefighter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the PPV's, Teins, and whitelines and couldn't be happier, but I don't have people riding in the back to tell me if it was too stiff or not. They definitely tightened up the ride and flattened it out in curves.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

13. Likes firefighter liked this post