Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are PPV Shocks better than FE3's?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT, TVS 1900 @ 10lbs, RotoFab, Injector Dynamics ID850's, Squash "Big Single" Fuel Pump, Kooks 1 7/8" Black Cat Coated, Solo Perf. 3" Exhaust, 20" Camaro Replicas, Pedders and Whiteline bits all over

Post Thanks / Like

Any new info on this? The PPV option seems interesting...

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing has surfaced on dyno testing the various shocks nor has side by side of PPV and Fe3 that was suppose to happen at a meet.

There have been some gripes from a couple wives about the ride in the back but I can definitely say that as they break in, any initial harshness is smoothing out. Haven't driven mine a lot but they feel more direct from tighter valving. So wheel control is consistent with a sport sedan without being harsh. I know, what some call comfy, others say is harsh.

I don't think the poly strut bushings I installed years ago affected the ride. But if you do poly plus PPV or Fe3 together, I'm sure that that will have a noticeable effect.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that even though my car has less than 30K miles it's still 6 years old. The struts could be in need of replacement and it would e a convenient time to do a 1" drop all around. The wife will be mad but whatever her car will be cooler... LoL

Post Thanks / Like

HA my G8 just hit 30k miles. Im thinking about doing Tein springs and either the PPV or the heavy duty PPV's
    2002 Camaro Z28 - far from stock
    2009 G8 GT SRM #1 - Sold
    2009 G8 GT SRM #2 - Sold
    2015 Chevy SS PBM - the new new!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reddeadg8 View Post
    HA my G8 just hit 30k miles. Im thinking about doing Tein springs and either the PPV or the heavy duty PPV's
    Same boat... LoL

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

30K miles sounds about right to change the oem struts and shocks out. I just did mine at 26K as they were starting to loosen the handling up. Others reported that the struts/shocks went fast after 30K.

So to retain/improve the fine handling the G8 is capable of, I say, go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably going to be closer to 40K for my car. I'll do the brake upgrade at the same time. I got to spend some money on the Camaro first...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at 67k and still on the stock everything.
    So, it's wayy overdue for me.
    I have some pedders zero drop springs and whiteline stuff ready to go.
    It would be great to see which is best on the factory OE shocks...
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT, TVS 1900 @ 10lbs, RotoFab, Injector Dynamics ID850's, Squash "Big Single" Fuel Pump, Kooks 1 7/8" Black Cat Coated, Solo Perf. 3" Exhaust, 20" Camaro Replicas, Pedders and Whiteline bits all over

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMorgan800 View Post
    I'm at 67k and still on the stock everything.
    So, it's wayy overdue for me.
    I have some pedders zero drop springs and whiteline stuff ready to go.
    It would be great to see which is best on the factory OE shocks...
    I replaced mine at 39k mine where still okay but basically the were shot.
    G8 GT K & N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam 219/223 .625/.625 DOD with LS3 valves , LS7 lifters, BTR SKOO1 springs, 7.425 Comp cam pushrods & SLP UDP. AC tensioner upgrade.

V6 Spectre CAI, Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links