Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things to do before alignment?

Post Thanks / Like

I will need to get tires and install them on my new wheels soon. What's the shop? In Rincon?
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

Savannah Tire in Pooler. Not sure if you will be able to get that pricing, but it's worth a try. I basically posted the quote on the local Savannah car FB page and let the shops battle it out.
    Last edited by FCNFST; 05-05-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice.... Right in my area. Good to know.
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

The Nitto 555's are great tires but expect only about 25k miles. I had them on my GTO.

94GT

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I've run them before. I view the life of these tires as high due to my normal tire being a NT05, NT05R or Micky ET Street.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Nitto is a good tire with great tread design and good grip though they seem to wear quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so the car has now been lowered and aligned with the bent wheel straightened (was out 200+ microns in one location, 140 in another and 100 in another, all of which have been brought down to <85 microns). Everything was brought in to spec (see photo below) for the alignment, however, the car still pulls hard to the right. It did so after my first alignment after the new tires and now again after the install of my lowering springs. The tech said it had to be tires. I even cross rotated the front two and it's still pulling to the right. Guess I'll be contacting Discount Tire Direct to see about some sort of warranty. Do y'all agree on tires?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FCNFST View Post
    Okay, so the car has now been lowered and aligned with the bent wheel straightened (was out 200+ microns in one location, 140 in another and 100 in another, all of which have been brought down to <85 microns). Everything was brought in to spec (see photo below) for the alignment, however, the car still pulls hard to the right. It did so after my first alignment after the new tires and now again after the install of my lowering springs. The tech said it had to be tires. I even cross rotated the front two and it's still pulling to the right. Guess I'll be contacting Discount Tire Direct to see about some sort of warranty. Do y'all agree on tires?

I have the same problem, pulls to the right and the inside edge of my front tires wear out very fast. Just put new tires on and stabilitrak + abs lights come on after driving the car a block or so.
    If discount tire is of no help and your tires are not directional, rotate them on the wheels so the inside edges are outside. May help if they are unevenly worn

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you swapped the fronts and they are still pulling to the right, it's not pointing to tires cause if it was the tires, it would then pull to the left. I recall you are staggered but put the rears on the front of the car and just to see what happens.

Hope the vibe is gone now that you straightened that wheel.(saw your other post)
    Last edited by WhatNext; 05-11-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhatNext View Post
    If you swapped the fronts and they are still pulling to the right, it's not pointing to tires cause if it was the tires, it would then pull to the left. I recall you are staggered but put the rears on the front of the car and just to see what happens.

Hope the vibe is gone now that you straightened that wheel.(saw your other post)
    This was my exact thought, and of coarse this was the only time I didn't watch the guys swap the tires. I came up on them as they were balancing one and mounting the other. I wouldn't put it pass them to have put the same tire back on the same rim.

I thought the vibration had dissipated, but unfortunately it seems to have come back at a lower speed...