Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pump access covers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fuel pump access covers

I hope this is in the right spot...
    Im new to this forum but have been active on another g8 forum for a while. Thought I would share this with you. I teamed up with local fabricator to make these access covers since they were no longer being made.

You will receive:

1 Top cover
    1 base
    6 Rivnut fasteners
    6 stainless fasteners
    1 template for cutting out the circle
    1 sealing o-ring

The top and base will be machined from aluminum and anodized black with the companies logo laser etched into it.
    The halves will use an o-ring to seal so no unwanted vapors will make it into the cabin which is an update from the original version.

Looking at having these made and ready to be shipped at the beginning of May.

Last edited by LDM; 04-23-2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Remove pricing and ordering info

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! You may want to pm an admin (Steve probably) about selling, however.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic that someone put forth the time and effort to revive these! One of the best modifications you can buy.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

I'll edit this when I get to a pc. If it's on the other board then he's a vendor right?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

As stated above, PM Steve the admin to get vendor status. Until then I've removed the pricing and ordering info. The vendor rates for small vendors are very reasonable, but it wouldn't be fair to the other vendors here who have paid to allow you to promote and sell this otherwise.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    As stated above, PM Steve the admin to get vendor status. Until then I've removed the pricing and ordering info. The vendor rates for small vendors are very reasonable, but it wouldn't be fair to the other vendors here who have paid to allow you to promote and sell this otherwise.
    I'm not a vendor, not the one selling, or profiting from this, I just gave up the file to have these made and gave input for changes to the original.

I apologize for posting this on here, I just thought it was something a lot of members could benefit from.

speng.us is who I went through to have these made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nmrwr85 View Post
    I'm not a vendor, not the one selling, or profiting from this, I just gave up the file to have these made and gave input for changes to the original.

I apologize for posting this on here, I just thought it was something a lot of members could benefit from.

speng.us is who I went through to have these made.
    Hey man, no need to apologize, we just require that if something is being sold in quantity and is using the social network of the forum for a buying audience, that the board receives some support in return, that's all.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Hey man, no need to apologize, we just require that if something is being sold in quantity and is using the social network of the forum for a buying audience, that the board receives some support in return, that's all.

Oh ok, got it. Well the owner of the company who made the fuel pump covers doesn't have a large product line for G8s, or anything with an LS in it, so I was trying to get the word out about these.

With that being said, I work out of town 3 weeks out of the month and have offered my car up to him as a prototyping car.

I'm going to start a new thread asking what parts are G8 owners interested in that either aren't being made, or can be made better. I have also found him a cts-v, and working on getting a camaro , and SS for more parts. He's a great guy, local to me, and used to be the lead fabricator/designer for a pretty large and well known performance shop for high end sports cars prior to venturing off on his own.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a beautiful piece, and someone knows their 3d cad very well. I appreciate any products folks are still building parts for our cars. If there is a web business selling these in their web store, you may post the link to that. Any person having ongoing selling in the forum, must have some kind of VIP status or be a vendor. If you need anything else, you can pm one of the Admins, or myself.

Thanks,
    Ray
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out "you know where", and I say that because I consider this place home. The pics of this guy's operation are fantastic.
    Our cars should have come with an access to the fuel pump, and knowing how manufacturing costs are kept to a minimum, it would have been nowhere close to this kind of quality.
    Worried about cutting your floor? Forget it! I'm so anal, I kept the chunk I cut out so I'd have all the parts the car ever came with.
    A half blind old man with aviation snips, some one inch c-clamps from HFC and a cordless drill can do it in no time.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package