Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCM USA OTR Kit Improvements, PCV Line Relocation Kit and New Accessories

Post Thanks / Like

Never got a lean code at all in 6 months or so.
    09 G8 GXP Auto, 4dr GTO 13.60@104.2 6177 DA.... tvs2300 13.2@110.2 spinnig all the way !
    07 G5 GT 2.4T Auto, Baby GTO 13.20@106.4
    @ 4200' in the sky !
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbrooks87 View Post
    towing stuff with cars is cool !

2. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8eraid View Post
    About to place an order for the infill panel + some fuel hose and fittings, do you offer just the P/S relocation bracket by itself?
    Not officially but we can sell you one for $30. Give us a call on Monday and we can add it to your order.
    Call Us: 407-705-3054 MON-FRI 10am-6pm EST

Like Us: Facebook - Twitter - Youtube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reddeadg8 View Post
    the upgraded PCV relocation kit includes the round filler piece. so $25 gets you what you need.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VCMUSA View Post
    Yes, it includes the plug to cap off that hole in the air box. It wasn't shown in the photos, sorry.

The Australians somehow don't seem to think the lean code issue is a big deal. In fact, they aren't even selling the new coupler and pipe in Australia. We had to make a special request that they provide these for the intakes we import.

Also, we realize it was a "bug" in the original kit and a lot of people will want to (and should!) upgrade, which is why we are selling a retrofit kit for only $25, which is our cost. We created the retrofit kit just for you guys. No one else is going to buy it, of course.

Thank you for this ..its much appreciated! You would not believe what I went through trying to rectify this issue without spending a small fortune for the tune shop to tune it out accordingly
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Kit ordered! Like others, I have never had a lean code from the VCM. But I understand the issue behind it and I like the fix. I was going to do the Livernois mod eventually, but this takes care of it.
    Darn Yanks. Always causing problems ;-)
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

6. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i got my new version! I had the old version a year or so ago. not sure how I feel about the new 2-piece setup. Also, why aren't there any stickers in my box!!! for the money we spend, my toolbox needs another sticker!
    2002 Camaro Z28 - far from stock
    2009 G8 GT SRM #1 - Sold
    2009 G8 GT SRM #2 - Sold
    2015 Chevy SS PBM - the new new!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reddeadg8 View Post
    i got my new version! I had the old version a year or so ago. not sure how I feel about the new 2-piece setup. Also, why aren't there any stickers in my box!!! for the money we spend, my toolbox needs another sticker!
    The two-piece setup is definitely an improvement because it seals around the filter much better. It eliminates the frame and the foam they used to retain the filter on the old design.

VCM doesn't give us any stickers, but we can send you some Improved Racing stickers if you want!
    Call Us: 407-705-3054 MON-FRI 10am-6pm EST

Like Us: Facebook - Twitter - Youtube