Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Restrictive are the stock Mufflers? This much.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    There is "clearly" a set of assumption being deployed here (from both perspectives).

a) The rpm range in question does indeed take into account daily driving (i.e., passing on the freeway, freeway on-ramp accelerations, passing in many other quasi-normal driving conditions). The assumption that WOT is "purely a track only" premise - has just a wee bit of oversight.
    while the rpm range in question is and can be used during normal driving , how often do any of us have our foot to the floor , if we did our rear tires wouldnt last but a few months

if you block/limit your gas pedal to say only open 30% , 50% , 75% and dyno it that way , youll see alot lower readings from the dyno , which is my point

granted we all build our cars for different reasons , but we all do it for the fun and enjoyment , and random fun out of the country , so hopefully you understand my point , i wasnt trying to rain on the parade

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah - no raining on any parades. This was a healthy exchange.

"......Block/limit gas pedal to 30%, 50%, 75% ...?" You kidding me? No way Jose! :-).

If I'm going to pass someone - or get on the on ramp - it's going to be with some internal combustion enthusiasm! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hflores3; 03-15-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

amen , man AMEN !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's allot. I have to put the corsas back on but need a fuel pump upgrade first imo. hows the ZL1 pump treating you?
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

ZL1 pump with JMS a Booster is holding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

when you're that modded yeah its a restriction, but for a bolt ons cars the muffler isnt your choke point.

neat to see the difference, and your car looks healthy
    Ron
    "As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time" ~ cake
    2009 G8 GT - LSA >TT

7. Likes pir4te liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the middle of my cam/head install. But I have the vortex 3" in and out mufflers and a 3" xpipe sitting here. You might beat me on installing of the exhaust. If you get them on. Please let me know how they sound. Thanks

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 09redgt View Post
    I'm in the middle of my cam/head install. But I have the vortex 3" in and out mufflers and a 3" xpipe sitting here. You might beat me on installing of the exhaust. If you get them on. Please let me know how they sound. Thanks
    Will do.....
    2009 G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

i wonder what the difference is between the 2.5" and 3" Vortex. wonder if it is just noise or actually flow too
    2002 Camaro Z28 - far from stock
    2009 G8 GT SRM #1 - Sold
    2009 G8 GT SRM #2 - Sold
    2015 Chevy SS PBM - the new new!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reddeadg8 View Post
    i wonder what the difference is between the 2.5" and 3" Vortex. wonder if it is just noise or actually flow too
    No idea my brother.... I would "surmise" there is additional flow there -- but no way to validate on my side.
    2009 G8 GT