Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Polly bushings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Polly bushings

I'm planning on replacing my control arms and radius rods with the control arm kit 92249538. My question to those that have done it or felt it, how harsh or how much NVH will I get from replacing the stock bushing in those arms with Polly bushings...BMR or Whiteline I figure. I already have an FE3/Tein set up with Polly strut top bushings and BMR rear sway. It's my DD and I don't want to get too crazy with NVH but I do enjoy how its much more stable and planted now with just enough firmness.

Post Thanks / Like

Most the noise will come from the top strut bushings.
    The noise from the control arms or rack isn't as significant as the strut. But it will add a little. Not to much to worry about.
    This is my opinion and may vary from others.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuildItYourSelf View Post
    Most the noise will come from the top strut bushings.
    The noise from the control arms or rack isn't as significant as the strut. But it will add a little. Not to much to worry about.
    This is my opinion and may vary from others.
    Yeah, actually I did pick up quite a bit from the strut bushing, so much so that I felt I had bad mounts...I then replaced all my motor and trans mounts to realize they were OK. So I'm living with some NVH. Good to know poly in the arms won't increase much and I think it's the proper compliment to the poly top bushing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. If your trying to reduce the noise you can put sound mat on the firewall and the fender wells that connects the strut mounts to the firewall and a piller.
    It will help a bit.
    Spring isolaters will also help with the noise
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885