Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HellCat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
    No doubt....

I'm just not paying 70k for one and loosing 30k in 2 years.

It's the better handling car I just don't have the time or bank account to track it. Hellcat is more comfortable and gets with it running the 8 speed auto.

Good old man race car
    I hear ya, but I think zl1s have held prices better than that. If you can buy a lowish mile zl1 for 40k in 2 years that would be deal of the century, no?

I read recently that of the deals running for dodges now, especially on the scat packs, they're offering $1,500 rebate if you have a credit score LESS THAN 650. That's terrible to me, and really speaks to who their desired demographic is. No benefit for the 750-850 score guy, but let's get someone overleveredged into a 40k no frills 1/4mi machine.

I was thinking about what next, and between the new c7 vs a zl1, for me, itd have to be a zl1 because I just can't get over the midlife crisis stigma of the corvette.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    I hear ya, but I think zl1s have held prices better than that. If you can buy a lowish mile zl1 for 40k in 2 years that would be deal of the century, no?

I read recently that of the deals running for dodges now, especially on the scat packs, they're offering $1,500 rebate if you have a credit score LESS THAN 650. That's terrible to me, and really speaks to who their desired demographic is. No benefit for the 750-850 score guy, but let's get someone overleveredged into a 40k no frills 1/4mi machine.

I was thinking about what next, and between the new c7 vs a zl1, for me, itd have to be a zl1 because I just can't get over the midlife crisis stigma of the corvette.
    The $1,500 low credit rebate isn't aimed at getting you into a scat pack. It's aimed at getting someone who has had a rough time getting a loan get into something affordable. It's meant for something like the Journey, base Charger, cheaper models.

I don't necessarily agree with it, because if you have credit issues the last thing you need is to jump into a new car. Sometimes due to loss of job and shit outside of peoples control credit takes a hit. It's a double edged sword.

Hell I wouldn't have minded an extra $1,500...
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

But you can get over the mullet factor of a Camaro?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    The $1,500 low credit rebate isn't aimed at getting you into a scat pack. It's aimed at getting someone who has had a rough time getting a loan get into something affordable. It's meant for something like the Journey, base Charger, cheaper models.

I don't necessarily agree with it, because if you have credit issues the last thing you need is to jump into a new car. Sometimes due to loss of job and shit outside of peoples control credit takes a hit. It's a double edged sword.

Hell I wouldn't have minded an extra $1,500...
    Good convo, makes sense. I honestly didn't think of it that way (apply to cheaper models), I (mis)read that it applied exclusively to the scat pack, but obviously that was dumb on my part. The banks will earn that $$$ back - and hope the rebate helps those who need it, not those who will just over extend themselves because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    But you can get over the mullet factor of a Camaro?
    Well, now that you say it... I associate mullets with camaros of the 80-90s (iroc, etc), but not today. Corvettes of that era also fit the mullet sterotype but has now somehow graduated on to 55-70 crowd. Funny how that works. I might be totally wrong on a grander scale, but I can tell you that of the handful that we've seen here in town (c7s), all were driven by silver haired men.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre C7 Vettes are the gold chain hairy midlife crisis cars. C7 has moved past that thankfully. Every corvette 1984 until the C7 almost looked the same

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Pre C7 Vettes are the gold chain hairy midlife crisis cars. C7 has moved past that thankfully. Every corvette 1984 until the C7 almost looked the same
    I do notice that, a lot younger people drive the C7. I would love a grand sport. Not interested in the Z06.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    The C5 moved past that 20 years ago. I was 28 when I bought my C5 in 2001.

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy a couple year old last gen zl1 for mid 30's. There is nothing in the gm line up (except maybe the g8 and for sure the gxp) that have really held up price wise.

4th gen camaro and trans am 6 speeds are making a come back but anything new your going to take a beating.

Not that a hellcat won't but starting at 15k off is a good start vs sticker...lol

I have driven a scat pack and it's a monster for under 40k.

I bought myself a pretty nice c5 new for my 27th birthday. I was a stereotype killer...lol(actually still like the c5 better than the base model c6 to this day)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
    I bought myself a pretty nice c5 new for my 27th birthday. I was a stereotype killer...lol(actually still like the c5 better than the base model c6 to this day)
    Maybe we chatted on Corvetteforum in our previous life. I was pretty active there from 01 till @ 2010 or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Maybe we chatted on Corvetteforum in our previous life. I was pretty active there from 01 till @ 2010 or so.
    Quite possible...I definitely posted but nothing like my camaro days on ls1.com

I sold the car in 2007.....I got an offer I just couldn't turn down and needed to pay for a back yard remodel and a wedding. I do miss that car

Those were the golden days of forums made a lot of great friends ...lol