Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tire recommendations

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    I'm running the Vredestien Ultra Sessenta's. I really like the Pilot Sport Series tires from Michelin too. My next tire purchase will be one of these two.
    Yes. Same here!

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

I have the DWS's on the Rat and they have been great. Real good in rain and the little bit of snow I've been in they were real good and still able to do donuts in my parents neighborhood when I was back over Thanksgiving. I just could not resist I went round and round and round.
    They have worn perfect and since I'm not running auto cross they are a real good tire.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for the info and recommendations. Decided to go with the Bridgestone potenza pole positions and I'm pretty happy with em. Car rides nice and I definitely notice a difference in cornering. Thanks again. Love this forum

Post Thanks / Like

I am considering Bridgestone RE 760 's for my G8 GT. It has Toyo Garit XK snow tires at the moment. They are noisy....

Anybody else have the Bridgestone RE 760's ?

Post Thanks / Like

Best tire I have had on my car lately is the Cooper Zeon rs3, I have the all season one but there is a summer only too. My friend runs them on his 011 mustang and swore by them, said all his mustang gt buddies use and love them. I tried the all season and I can floor my car in he rain, I love these tires and ill continue buying them till I cant! Hardly any wear after 6 months hard driving, was good in snow exceptional n the rain, grabs traction in dry as good as any tire I ever had. Good quiet easy riding tire no complaints at all and best of all the cheapest tire I ever had on my car.
    Decent also BFG comp II, and the General GMAX which was my go to tire....
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

I like the performance and tread wear of the Conti DW. Very reliable grip on wet and dry roads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
    I am considering Bridgestone RE 760 's for my G8 GT. It has Toyo Garit XK snow tires at the moment. They are noisy....

Anybody else have the Bridgestone RE 760's ?
    Just had the Bridgestone installed and they are really nice- quiet and handle well.

Post Thanks / Like

You can check any tire on tirerack under reviews. Can also just review tires used on a g8....great research tool. At least for tire brands they sell... No cooper's, which are by far the best all around least expensive traction in any condition and lasts longest tire.... On my car
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000