Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Camber issues after front end rebuild?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camber issues after front end rebuild?

I put new FE3 struts, poly strut mounts, and all new lower control arms on the car, and now suddenly it won't align!!

I'm stuck at +.7 degrees of POSITIVE camber on the left front, what the heck!? Did I do something wrong? Anyone else seen this issue?

I backed the adjuster all the way out and loosened the strut bolts and still that's all I got!

Post Thanks / Like

That's is strange. The only thing I can think is the top strut plate is aligned wrong or some how the strut you got is the wrong part some how. Let us know how it turns out.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Oddly enough, I've figured it out. The left front strut mount was apparently really bound up in the cup. I noticed it wasn't as "free" as the right side, so I lifted the left side, loosened the bolts up, and heard a pop as things moved around! Now I'm able to get to -.5 which is perfect for me!

Very weird as there wasn't a ride height difference or any noise when driving... but that seems to have resolved it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great, glad to hear it was something simple.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

On the subject of the mounts, watch this

On the subject of Alignments and Suspension, Check these.
    Camaro-G8_Alignment_Techsheet.pdf
    Camaro-G8_Bushing Timing-1.pdf

6. Likes -Ray- liked this post