Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Key Fobs don't work after cam and DoD delete install, and key programming failed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Key Fobs don't work after cam and DoD delete install, and key programming failed

Hey Everyone,

I just had an LS3 Cam, RotoFab and DoD delete done on my car and when I picked it up the key fobs didn't work. The keys themselves work and are the original ones, but when I hit the buttons nothing happens (I tried changing the remote batteries).

I assumed they just needed to be reprogrammed so I followed the steps I found where you put a key in and to the on position then go to customize and go to remote key. What happens though is that I click the "program" option after which it should prompt me to reprogram the keys, but instead after a couple seconds of doing nothing it just says "programming failed".

Does anyone have any ideas as to why I can't reprogram the keys and how to get them working again? My mechanic said he has access to a tech2 device, would that help?

As a side note, but maybe related, I noticed my lights were dimming a bit when idling and when I checked the battery charge it said 1.1% (then after running a bit went to 1.9%). The voltage was 14.6ish and the alternator is brand new (month old). Could it just be a drained battery from when they did the install? Or maybe just a bad battery (it's the original one, so 6ish years old).

Thanks for all your help!

Grifter

(PS - to anyone contemplating a cam upgrade, rotofab and tune, DO IT. Night and day difference in the car. I'm on winter tires, it's -20 C and the roads are mucky, and it still pulls harder than it ever did even on my Michellin Pilot Super Sports in summer)

Post Thanks / Like

Tuning will reset the state of charge for the battery. I'm at a loss for the fobs.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else have any thoughts? Since both fobs stopped working, is that a sign that it might be the receiver that's failed? Is there a fuse somewhere that I should check? Any advice would be appreciated.

Details:
    - Happened after a cam swap, DoD Delete
    - Both fobs stopped working
    - Tried new batteries
    - Tried reprogramming using the on-board computer but got "Programming Failed" right after starting the process
    - Both keys still work to drive the car with and lock/unlock the car manually
    - When opening the car, the car alarm goes off, until I put the key in the ignition and turn
    - Sometimes there's a beep noise when I insert the key into the ignition

(The battery issues seem to have resolved themselves. Musta just been the reseting of the battery percentage in the computer)

Post Thanks / Like

There is a security relearn procedure. Maybe that's the issue.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.