Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Disable the hood sensor?

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disable the hood sensor?

I installed a block heater earlier this winter, and installed the plug where I need to pop the hood to plug it in. I would like to be able to remote start the car while it's still plugged in, but it won't work because the hood is open. Can I disable the hood sensor without disabling the remote start? Is the sensor in the hood latch somewhere? Or have I maybe overlooked a good place to leave the heater plug hanging out without popping the hood?
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

From service manual
    The body control module (BCM) monitors the voltage input of the hood open switch signal circuit and the hood open closed switch signal circuit. With the hood open, the hood ajar portion of the switch is closed, grounding the hood ajar switch signal circuit from the BCM, and the hood closed portion of the switch is open. With the hood closed, the hood closed portion of the switch is closed, grounding the hood closed switch signal circuit from the BCM, and the hood ajar portion of the switch is open. During proper operation, the two separate voltage signals at the BCM should never be at the same voltage.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I'd have to open one circuit and ground the other. Good to know. Thanks!

Now, I probably need a wiring diagram. Or just figure out where the switch is. I can probe for continuity to see which wire is which.

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

And the Schematic
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! Now to find that switch.

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

It's in the hood latch in the core support.
    Matt Jones
    2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ground I believe its the purple wire.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a plug behind the latch, Disconnect it. Next cut the black and purple wires on the back of the female side of the plug and connect them together. Tuck everything back leaving the plug disconnected and you are good to go.

If you don't want to cut anything you can just disconnect the plug and make a jumper between pins B and C.
    Last edited by hartigan85; 01-31-2015 at 08:04 AM.
    Atmospheric Acquisition

Sydney - 2009 G8 GT - Liquid Red, Onyx/Red interior, Flat Black Rally Stripes
    Performance: Tuned By Me Using HP Tuners, TMS Forged 402, Ported LSA Supercharger 2.5/9.5, AIS Dual Nozzle Water/Methanol Kit, Super Chiller, ID850 Injectors, Rick C. Blower Cam, Morel Lifters, Comp Trunion Upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust w/ 3.5" tips, CTS-V Torque Converter, Camaro 3.45 Diff, 6 Piston Front/4 Piston Rear Brembo Brakes, ZL1 Fuel Pump/BAP, Saikou Michi Dual Catch Cans, Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links, BMR Cradle & Diff Bushings, Derale Trans Cooler, SJM Line Lock.

Pictures

10. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you sell stop-start disablers?

Quote Originally Posted by hartigan85 View Post
    There is a plug behind the latch, Disconnect it. Next cut the black and purple wires on the back of the female side of the plug and connect them together. Tuck everything back leaving the plug disconnected and you are good to go.

If you don't want to cut anything you can just disconnect the plug and make a jumper between pins B and C.
    WRITING YOU ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR EXPERTISE WITH THIS GM CIRCUIT
    Just bought a 2017 Cadillac XT5 and disconnected hood plug to disable stop-start. Suggestion is that if I can put it in a hood ajar state during starting, stop-start will remain disabled w/o CEL. Going to follow your diagram to a 12 volt relay throwing both circuits while starting. If you are Pace, maybe you could come up with this product. There is demand!