Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED headlights

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can all but guarantee you that the projectors in them aren't up to OEM standards which aren't as good as they come either. If you want GOOD headlights, replace the OEM projectors with a higher quality aftermarket unit. There's a difference!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone remember the Grand Prix and SPYDER headlight fiasco back in '06? I'm betting these are coming from the same shitty company SPYDER peddled to us Grand Prix owners then. I'm with everyone, I like the look of the new cars w/stock led's, but not as an after market add on.
    Tim

2009 PSM GT Fully Loaded
    GM Sirius Connect SIRGM2L - INSTALLED (No more XM!!!)
    Fasterproms Ported Intake Manifold w/LS3 TB
    Camaro Brembo Brakes @ all 4 corners
    Complete GXP Suspension Swap
    GXP Axle-Back Exhaust w/x-pipe
    Hacked Atari 3 Gauge Display
    Superchips Cortex Tuned
    Vararam Ram Air Intake
    OEM Bluetooth Add-on
    BMR Front Swaybar
    HSV Valve Covers
    20" Camaro Rims
    Vector HSRK
    6k HID's

3. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Yeah, I can all but guarantee you that the projectors in them aren't up to OEM standards which aren't as good as they come either. If you want GOOD headlights, replace the OEM projectors with a higher quality aftermarket unit. There's a difference!
    Have any recs for a higher quality aftermarket unit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saxophoman View Post
    Have any recs for a higher quality aftermarket unit?
    I was a bit clear as mud... It's JUST the projector in the housing. NOT the entire assembly. Sorry...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Morimotos are good
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    Morimotos are good
    Agreed! I have their HID's and they are amazing quality... Just need to decide if I want to install them. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Go to http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...ofit-kits.html
    They have superior products, and the best customer service! You can browse HID kits for the OEM headlights. Our stock projectors were designed for halogen, but you can run HID's in them as long as they are properly aimed. If you wanted to do a retrofit (replacing the projectors in the OEM headlights with ones designed for HID's) they offer kits for that too. If you are stuck on buying Spyder or Spec-D lights - they have a retrofit package to replace the sub-par quality projectors in them!

Email them with any questions you have and they will help you figure out what you need, what will work for you, etc. They won't just try and sell you stuff you don't need. They are really helpful and knowledgeable.

9. Likes matts88yj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Homerfan View Post
    Go to http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...ofit-kits.html
    They have superior products, and the best customer service! You can browse HID kits for the OEM headlights. Our stock projectors were designed for halogen, but you can run HID's in them as long as they are properly aimed. If you wanted to do a retrofit (replacing the projectors in the OEM headlights with ones designed for HID's) they offer kits for that too. If you are stuck on buying Spyder or Spec-D lights - they have a retrofit package to replace the sub-par quality projectors in them!

Email them with any questions you have and they will help you figure out what you need, what will work for you, etc. They won't just try and sell you stuff you don't need. They are really helpful and knowledgeable.
    X2. TRS is a great source for quality lighting.
    - Matt