Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Road Course with a Blower

Post Thanks / Like

Default Road Course with a Blower

When I go to memphis in May I will roadcourse my car for the first time with a TVS1900. It has a decent blowercam/headers and probably puts out 525 or so to the wheels. Running about 7PSI. I've never beaten on the car for 20 minutes straight with forced induction before. How well will the stock intercooler hold up? Are there any mods that can be done to keep things cool? Any advice is appreciated,

Pete

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indypete View Post
    When I go to memphis in May I will roadcourse my car for the first time with a TVS1900. It has a decent blowercam/headers and probably puts out 525 or so to the wheels. Running about 7PSI. I've never beaten on the car for 20 minutes straight with forced induction before. How well will the stock intercooler hold up? Are there any mods that can be done to keep things cool? Any advice is appreciated,

Pete
    The biggest issue I have is trans temps actually. I have a trans cooler (7x13 or so) with a fan mounted on it and 160 deg thermostat to activate the fan. I have also just added a B&M cast aluminum trans pan to help with cooling. On the blower itself, I had mounted a Mustang GT500 heat exchanger in series with the Magnuson one. It helped recover the temps quicker after WOT and maybe a little on keeping IAT's down. My 1900 was overdriven and making around 15 lbs of boost so I don't know how yours will be except cooler than mine! The added power will sure get you out of the corners quickly!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.