Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manzo headers?

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Manzo headers?

Anyone have experience with these? Yea, I know China. Looks like a knock off Tri-wye, claims 1 1/78 primary, 304 SS. But for $219, interesting.

I suspect same as OBX/Maximizer but curious if one has personal experience with Manzo?
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was looking at these the other day but I have bad luck with ebay headers lol

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, that's cheap!
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

They look identical to the pypes headers so prob are from the same manufacturer in china

Post Thanks / Like

These were posted on FB as well... The differences will be collector design, weld and metal quality, thickness of the metal, and how many pieces the headers are made of. Not to even mention the lack of support towards a US worker and his family.

What we see in my business with Chinese mfg. is inconstancies. You might get a batch of an item that are amazing for the price and then a batch that are total shit and are more of a headache than it's worth. Where this is less true is when it's an American company that owns the plant in China manufacturing the item. If that's the case, quality is higher, but still not to the level of most USA made products.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Like they say, you get what you pay for.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

7. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I made the mistake of buying ebay headers that looked just like pacesetters...let's just say they never fit and I ended up buying pacesetters anyways...of course this is in my Silverado with 4wd so it's a tight fit...had China headers on my gtp for couple years...they worked ok but I fought leaks at the slip fits the whole time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Like they say, you get what you pay for.
    True...
    Might be just rationalizing, but when I buy something, the first thing I look at is what the cost of entry level crap is.
    I deduct that cost from good, reliable quality products, and figure the difference is what it the "real cost" is.
    If good stuff is $500, for example, and $250 gets you the shit equivalent, I just figure it's $250 and leave it at that.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    True...
    Might be just rationalizing, but when I buy something, the first thing I look at is what the cost of entry level crap is.
    I deduct that cost from good, reliable quality products, and figure the difference is what it the "real cost" is.
    If good stuff is $500, for example, and $250 gets you the shit equivalent, I just figure it's $250 and leave it at that.

I figure in my time F'ing around making it right when a more expensive product would fit first shot, last longer, or not leak. It's not worth my fat ass climbing under or around my car because I was cheap. Kooks and ARH have the reputation they have for a reason.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fwiw, I have Kooks Mids already, been running them for years with no complaints. I recently had to get back into the motor and observed the ceramic coating on the headers had failed. Not sure of root cause but suspect it was during my dyno session. Wish I had seen this a few weeks back as I had fabbed a set of cat delete pipes such that I would have been able to install the original manifolds with the test pipes while the headers are out getting recoated (I sold the cat deletes). Now, the car is dormant, but life experience suggests that the day I drop off the headers at fedex, two of my other cars will have some catastrophic fail with folks wanting to awake the G8. Hence, the attractive pricing of the Manzo headers makes them a viable option and buys me some time cushion. I suspect I can flip them when done as long as they are not a disaster. FWIW, I did call Manzo and asked about the primary id, the gent, who spoke clear english, stated they were 1 7/8 id primaries, 3" collector and 304 stainless. But that still does not mean they are a quality assembly.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green