Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: calling G8ers and LSxers in Maine

Post Thanks / Like

Default calling G8ers and LSxers in Maine

have been hanging around the parts stores and such in the area to no avail. any of you guys live in the cumberland county area of Maine? im a Navy transfer to bath at the shipyard. and car has been sitting in the garage since. i wanna get it running before the spring. maybe even get to drive it once before this place whites over for the long haul of these horrid winters i have heard of. pizza/beer and awesome sea stories!
    "Dear Information Technology Gods of the Universe"
    2008 hot white G8 GT (D1SC Procharger 8 psi, 4 core FMIC, New Era Performance Custom Lunati Cam, Fast time Motorworks built Heads, ZL1 Fuel pump Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, Solo Mach Exhaust)
    2003 silverado LS street(sold)
    1993 granatelli signature series z28 Camaro (sold :-( )
    2006 vista blue mustang GT (Sold)

Post Thanks / Like

nobody this far north?
    2008 hot white G8 GT (D1SC Procharger 8 psi, 4 core FMIC, New Era Performance Custom Lunati Cam, Fast time Motorworks built Heads, ZL1 Fuel pump Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, Solo Mach Exhaust)

Post Thanks / Like

Seahawksax,
    Good luck finding any G8's, especially this time of year. Even during the summer months here in Southern NH, I will be lucky to see four or five. In a season. Once Halloween rolls in, my guess is it's "disconnect the battery and look forward to April" for most G8 owners. Nice area you are in (just over 2 hours from me here in NH), I'm quite familiar with it, as I used to have In-laws out that way.

Thank you for your service.
    2009.1 G8 GT MSM, Sport & Premium
    Creature Comfort:
    19" spare & Pace jack kit, autodim mirror, visor light mod, pass seat slider fix, subwoofer mod, Homelink visor (by Snakey),
    XM & OnStar out/CoStar BLUESTAR in

Show:
    debadged except GM chicklets, custom GXP front fascia, GXP rear diffuser, Holden Center Caps

Go/Whoa:
    VMS ECM/TCM tune, Vararam, HSRK, ARH 1-3/4" LTH, HFCs into stock mufflers, Mobil 1, Pedders Street 1 kit, front Brembo's, PPV struts & shocks

[U] Stuff waiting patiently for installation [U]
    LSA Supercharger (base), Rear PPV shocks, Rear Brembo's, Russell rear brake lines, Staggered Camaro 20's with Holden centers, Morimoto HID's, wireless Aux input for tunes off of the cell phone.

PB: 13.468 @104.4 tune & Vararam

Post Thanks / Like

thank you, im not necessarily looking for G8's to meet up with during the winter. but some guys or gals to come over and help wrench during the winter so i can be ready to run by spring. the wife even offers to hold wine parties and other such things for the wives to come over as well.. just looking for some LS comradery. so far this "winter" is crazy for me compared to where i have been stationed. and the locals are telling me this isnt really winter!!! ahhhhhhh

Post Thanks / Like

For a "taste" of what winter's really like, LAST winter would've been a good example. This one? Not so much, although that can change pretty quick. If I were closer, I might be able to help. I certainly have a couple LS's going on!
    2009.1 G8 GT MSM, Sport & Premium
    Creature Comfort:
    19" spare & Pace jack kit, autodim mirror, visor light mod, pass seat slider fix, subwoofer mod, Homelink visor (by Snakey),
    XM & OnStar out/CoStar BLUESTAR in

Show:
    debadged except GM chicklets, custom GXP front fascia, GXP rear diffuser, Holden Center Caps

Go/Whoa:
    VMS ECM/TCM tune, Vararam, HSRK, ARH 1-3/4" LTH, HFCs into stock mufflers, Mobil 1, Pedders Street 1 kit, front Brembo's, PPV struts & shocks

[U] Stuff waiting patiently for installation [U]
    LSA Supercharger (base), Rear PPV shocks, Rear Brembo's, Russell rear brake lines, Staggered Camaro 20's with Holden centers, Morimoto HID's, wireless Aux input for tunes off of the cell phone.

PB: 13.468 @104.4 tune & Vararam

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wait, the cold is coming. Highs will be low single digits in less than a week in Vermont. It will be beyond nipplely. At least the days are getting longer, so we are over the hump.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

I vacation in Maine. I have spent 2 weeks per summer for the last 8-9 years. I have only ever seen one G8 in all my years. This past summer there was one in Franklin, Maine.

Post Thanks / Like

well this year you will see another if your around the shipyard in bath. and this temp today was nuts!!! my face began to hurt walking from the parking lot to the office door