Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Stereo Upgrade...need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stereo Upgrade...need help

I'd like to get advice on current aftermarket stereo set ups you guys have. I do not know the first thing about installs so I will have to get it installed which I'm ok with. I just wanted to know what speakers you upgraded to, amps, etc. so I can buy them myself for cheaper. I'm not really looking to do any modifications & I'd just like to get a decent set up that is better than the stock without dropping a lot of money. I've heard JL C2s work but may have to modifications? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

First question before anyone can really answer this - what is it you're looking for and what kind of music do you primarily listen to (and don't for the love of God say "all kinds").

What would be recommended is going to vary widely compared to what you want (crisp sound versus thumping bass versus clean and loud versus melt the wax out of my ears versus...)
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

I listen to mostly Hip Hop & EDM. I am not looking to blow up the block with a huge system. Ideally I would like a system that has good bass first and foremost and then crisp clean sound as well.