Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: ECM & TCM dealer factory update

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ECM & TCM dealer factory update

I posted this on the other board so please excuse a double post...kinda. Two part question. First, is there any way to know if I have the most current factory ECM and TCM update? I have a Superchips Cortex tuner, could that tell me what version I have and then from there find out what the current version is or any other method other than obviously going to the dealer to find out I'm current and then being charged $100+ or whatever?

Second part, is having the most current update even relevant if I plan on getting a dyno ECM/TCM tune/calibration?

Before I hit the dyno, and I say dyno and not mail order from one of the top recommended, is cause from the research I've done I believe I have one here local in Redline Motorsports., I want to hit up the dealer for a transmission flush first and if necessary at the same time I could have them check and or update the ECM/TCM.

Superchips has woken the car up but its just not right, erratic shifting and not consistent, at times I never know what to expect from the trans and I want a true 3 mode transmission...Drive, Sport and Manual...I want each mode to operate differently, as it should. So, thoughts...ideas...Knowledge, I'm here to learn

Post Thanks / Like

Having the most recent factory update wont matter if you're getting a custom tune.
    PBM G8 GXP M6-Self flex fuel tune,OBX LTs, Kooks A/B, Monster Stg 3 clutch, LSA S/C, cam, fuel system 10.81@131.9 1,836 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons 13.06@106.7, 2,200 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

2002 Bonneville SSEi- Self tune, 3.4" pulley, FWI. The beater