Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wind noise driver-side door

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wind noise driver-side door

Hey guys hoping someone can give me some insight. Every time a car drives by me it sounds like my window is open a crack. Is that how thin these doors are?

I made adjustments to the striker. I did not want to pull it in too much and having the body lines lining up improperly.

Window looks like its closed and against the rubber weather trim fine.

Do you think it can be the seal? ..My G8 is always garaged and I always put some VRT on it at every wash to prevent the weather stripping from drying out.

At my wits end.

Thanks!
    Mark
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same issue with mine I was told that I could be coming from the rear view mirror I opened mine up put some foam inside and still no change check your window make sure it goes up all the way nothing is stopping it good luck its driving me nuts if you find a solution let me know please

3. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going to take the door panel off check everything out. Window seems to be closing all the way.

Driving me fkg nuts!

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly what you mean when I drive my other car I don't hear any noise but when I drive g8 wind noise is excessive and when the car passes by it sounds like the door is not shut all the way or window is cracked open. There is a bulletin on the side mirror so that's why I figured I would try to seal it better

6. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man ..I plan on checking that out today

Post Thanks / Like

Same issue. I also seem to have some wind noise on the passenger side but it sounds like it is coming from the rear. Maybe I'll have to have to sit in the passenger seat someday as someone else drives to pinpoint it better.

Let us know if you find anything. It really makes it sound cheap when you can hear so much wind noise.

Post Thanks / Like

So far I tried several things and nothing.

The glass is fine ..goes all the way up and is against the weather stripping.

The striker was adjusted all the way it can

Mirror.. I cannot figure it out. Took it off put it back on seems fine.

The latch is working fine.

Now I might check the back door drivers side for shits and giggles. At this point I might as well go all around the car.

My wife drove it and even said this would drive me nuts!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't let my wife drive the car

Maybe there is someone else who can suggest on this topic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roman1978 View Post
    I don't let my wife drive the car

Maybe there is someone else who can suggest on this topic

I usually don't ..she only driven it 2-3 times in 5 years. LOL! But I wanted to see if it was just me she noticed right away.

I might just bring her to the dealership to hear them say ..We cannot find a problem ..that's normal.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

yea they will say normal operation so your problem just started or you had this for a while ? have you had any body work done to the car ?