Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric problems

Post Thanks / Like

When I start the car it sometimes clicks two e then starts. Then the Ir bag light flashes then goes off. When driving in m6 and I roll up windows the car switches to D the S5. I ha e Hids but all this started when the bTtery started dying and when I put in the new battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009.5 g8 gt
    kooks LT headers, hi flow cats, x pipe, corsa cat back, vararam CAI, ported TB/intake, slp underdrive pulley, billet catch can, qtp cut outs, kaltech tune, camaro 20s,
    350hp...12.60 @ 109.8 mph

Post Thanks / Like

wait a minute - so if you're tooling around with the car in Manumatic mode - and you roll the windows up - the swaps to standard drive mode, and then sport mode - and you don't touch the stick?

IIRC the air bag light thing is normal - as in upon start up and system test - the light flashes - then goes out. or it stays on and goes out. one or the others, I have to admit I don't watch mine.

has there every been water damage to the car

when the battery dies - what were the symptoms - did you happen to have the car jump started? right now it sounds like you have a bad computer module somewhere - ECU, TCU, BCM are the prime suspects, but there could be many many other issues. shorted wiring, bad grounds etc.

again - unplug the battery negative cable, and positive cable for say at least 30 minutes. leave the car alone. then reattach the positive first, then negative. just like installing the battery again.

see if the problems come back.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

if it does come back - then as said please take it to a shop or some mechanic you know that is very knowledgeable about electrical and has the schematics and shop manual at his disposal.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try that tomorrow. Before changing the battery the battery percentage was 17% so I decided to change it. After changing it the battery percentage was 0.0%. I'm going to see what the alternator voltage is when running and driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009.5 g8 gt
    kooks LT headers, hi flow cats, x pipe, corsa cat back, vararam CAI, ported TB/intake, slp underdrive pulley, billet catch can, qtp cut outs, kaltech tune, camaro 20s,
    350hp...12.60 @ 109.8 mph