Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Android Head Unit Installation

Post Thanks / Like

I will also time the boot up

09 G8 GT MGM, Kooks Midlength Headers, Rotofab, MagnaFlow Mid Muffler, Solo Performance JPipes & 3.5" Tips, Pat G Tune, RCR 219/223 .612.615 112+1, Trunion Upgrade,, Quad Retrofit w. Amber Halos, Custom IPad HU Install, MM CF Grilles, Gxp Diffuser, BC Coilovers, Brembos All Around, Orange/Onyx SW & Shifter

Post Thanks / Like

So it looks like there are still a few little issues with the labels on the buttons versus what they actually do, and then it looked like you were having trouble getting some of the functions to work around the A/C stuff?

Also is it 12F or 12C where you are? (looking at the display)

Post Thanks / Like

I want this so badly lol

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

FYI: Google maps allows you to cache local maps so you could use that also. I don't think the nav function will work without active data, but I could be wrong.
    -Bob
    2009 MSM G8 GT - Christine

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

Warm start/idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwZxC-2_1o

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vipz28 View Post
    So it looks like there are still a few little issues with the labels on the buttons versus what they actually do, and then it looked like you were having trouble getting some of the functions to work around the A/C stuff?

Also is it 12F or 12C where you are? (looking at the display)
    I had this unit before Adam has worked with the supplier. All the new units are correctly labeled and not like mine. They also have a bluetooth mic that is external. I bought mine before all those upgrades were done, but all the new ones are correct. The ac likes to pop on n off with some buttons. That's the only thing you're noticing I assume. I just pop it off. I'll see if that's right or not.

It's 12 F where I'm at in Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by vipz28 View Post
    I want this so badly lol
    It is definitely itely a good unit with a lot of upgrades compared to stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Noob View Post
    FYI: Google maps allows you to cache local maps so you could use that also. I don't think the nav function will work without active data, but I could be wrong.
    I'm not positive, it may work. there's plenty of other gps apps that will work. You just need to find one you'd like.

Also, while booting up, the reverse camera works properly even since it's starting up. So that is cool and makes it nice so you dont need to wait.

09 G8 GT MGM, Kooks Midlength Headers, Rotofab, MagnaFlow Mid Muffler, Solo Performance JPipes & 3.5" Tips, Pat G Tune, RCR 219/223 .612.615 112+1, Trunion Upgrade,, Quad Retrofit w. Amber Halos, Custom IPad HU Install, MM CF Grilles, Gxp Diffuser, BC Coilovers, Brembos All Around, Orange/Onyx SW & Shifter

Post Thanks / Like

I made a new video again since my last one was copyrighted and muted.
    https://youtu.be/ZkYQL2UOsec

Post Thanks / Like

Bump
    If it has tits or tires it's bound to be trouble........

Post Thanks / Like

What is the status of this radio? I want one!!!!