Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Android Head Unit Installation

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be great if he's able to offer a slightly lower price. I'm sold, just need to find a good time to spend the extra chedda.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cstmg8 View Post
    It would be great if he's able to offer a slightly lower price. I'm sold, just need to find a good time to spend the extra chedda.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Yeah its a little expensive, but if you compare it to other options it's the best price. G8 designs is 650 for just mounting and folcik controller. Then u need to account for steering wheel interface and double din head unit. Which is easily over 500. Jhp is 2000 or more.
    Only other option that's worth it Imo is the apple TV or Android tv.

09 G8 GT MGM, Kooks Midlength Headers, Rotofab, MagnaFlow Mid Muffler, Solo Performance JPipes & 3.5" Tips, Pat G Tune, RCR 219/223 .612.615 112+1, Trunion Upgrade,, Quad Retrofit w. Amber Halos, Custom IPad HU Install, MM CF Grilles, Gxp Diffuser, BC Coilovers, Brembos All Around, Orange/Onyx SW & Shifter

3. Thanks lineofeld19 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 09G8GTMGM View Post
    They're nice, they feel like an aftermarket with the little notches or detents. No complaints. However the other girl who has this units, up n down for power button has fell off. This is why I was saying to wait for Adam to be supplying these. They said they had kind of a hard time getting her a new one. Since this happened, Adam ended up getting her one n taking care of her. This defeats us arguing with people over from china and playing the not understanding game. Adam is a good dude n well known , he deals with Rick Crawford on the regular.
    Not so much, I still don't have the updated can bus, or replacement button!
    If it has tits or tires it's bound to be trouble........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstcherokeekid View Post
    Damn! What's he saying?

09 G8 GT MGM, Kooks Midlength Headers, Rotofab, MagnaFlow Mid Muffler, Solo Performance JPipes & 3.5" Tips, Pat G Tune, RCR 219/223 .612.615 112+1, Trunion Upgrade,, Quad Retrofit w. Amber Halos, Custom IPad HU Install, MM CF Grilles, Gxp Diffuser, BC Coilovers, Brembos All Around, Orange/Onyx SW & Shifter

Post Thanks / Like

Just got in on the initial "testing" set. Talked with Adam for a good while. This project has a lot of potential! I'll be posting my results and findings once I get my unit here, as well as in the various groups on Facebook.
    2015 Chevy SS, Sunroof, M6, No Spare, Perfect Blue Metallic
    Appearance: Complete LED conversion, 6000K HID Bulb Swap, Holden Front and Rear Badges
    Electronics: A119S DashCam with Hide-a-fuse
    Go Stuff: Custom DiabLew 93 Octane Tune,
    Stop: Hawk Ceramic Pads
    Wheels: (Winter)ModaBlack w/ 245/55/18 Michelin XICE3. (Summer)Stock 19" Rims, Michelin Pilot Sports 4S

Gone But not Forgotten:
    2009 Sport Red Metallic G8 GT, Premium Package
    2005 Cyclone Gray Metallic GTO, M6
    2006 Stealth Gray Metallic G6 GTP
    2003 Sans Gold Metallic Sunfire

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyMan View Post
    Just got in on the initial "testing" set. Talked with Adam for a good while. This project has a lot of potential! I'll be posting my results and findings once I get my unit here, as well as in the various groups on Facebook.
    Sounds good man! One thing I was hoping didn't happen tho, he won't be offering a warranty or anything. So it's basically the same price getting it from the supplier. Altho it's basically the same price.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok everyone. I believe that it is complete. I want to thank Jessica for all the help as well as everyone else for your patients. Please join the ACE Performance group on facebook for all the details. I have all the AC controls working 100% as well as all of the other issues worked out to the best of my knowledge. I will be selling 5 units for a beta test. All the info is on facebook. I am not in the forum much so please email or join the group for info. aceperformance@rocketmail.com
    Thanks,
    Adam
    2009 Silver GT - 404 with LS9 CNC'd heads, RCR 223/238 .615/.612 115+1 Blower Cam, BTR Double Valve springs, Comp Push Rods, Kook's LTH 1 7/8, Kooks Xpipe, Dynomax VT Mufflers, , TPIS 102mm Throttle Body, FAST 85# injectors, CTS-V Pump with Vaporworx controller, Magnuson Heartbeat Supercharger, 10 % OD lower, Camaro 20s, Camaro Trans Pan, ZL1 Twin Disk Converter, ACE Trans

www.ACEPerformance.biz

Join the ACE Performance Group on Facebook for all of your ACE Performance/RCR parts and tuning needs.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstcherokeekid View Post

I hope to deliver in person your new buttons/facia/canbus the weekend of thanksgiving. Should be no more button issues or Jess without ac
    And I might have a beer or two to share. See you in a few weeks.
    2009 Silver GT - 404 with LS9 CNC'd heads, RCR 223/238 .615/.612 115+1 Blower Cam, BTR Double Valve springs, Comp Push Rods, Kook's LTH 1 7/8, Kooks Xpipe, Dynomax VT Mufflers, , TPIS 102mm Throttle Body, FAST 85# injectors, CTS-V Pump with Vaporworx controller, Magnuson Heartbeat Supercharger, 10 % OD lower, Camaro 20s, Camaro Trans Pan, ZL1 Twin Disk Converter, ACE Trans

www.ACEPerformance.biz

Join the ACE Performance Group on Facebook for all of your ACE Performance/RCR parts and tuning needs.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Air play was having some issues with the 800x600 screen res. So we had to change it yet again now it will have a HD 1024x800 screen. Also there have been issues with the internal mic while talking on the phone so I have had that switched to an external. We will see how that works. Also the first batch of the new design facia should be done friday. Also the auto and dual buttons will be labeled. I will not be including the 3g dongle with the kits unless you request them. Everyone has been tethering them and it will help offset the price difference of the screen some. I think that is it.

Oh, if you have one please contact me I have some updated software for you.

www.ACEPerformance.biz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aceperformance View Post
    Air play was having some issues with the 800x600 screen res. So we had to change it yet again now it will have a HD 1024x800 screen. Also there have been issues with the internal mic while talking on the phone so I have had that switched to an external. We will see how that works. Also the first batch of the new design facia should be done friday. Also the auto and dual buttons will be labeled. I will not be including the 3g dongle with the kits unless you request them. Everyone has been tethering them and it will help offset the price difference of the screen some. I think that is it.

Oh, if you have one please contact me I have some updated software for you.
    Ah crap, nice update. I'm going to Msg you on fb to chat.