Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I get a high output alternator?

Post Thanks / Like

this may help you, and it seconds the Mechman suggestion. Rat Ron, a forum member on the gm truck sites always had a good following too.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum...hp/t-5352.html

irragi and dc as well are good suggestions.

2009 GT-Rotofab~VMS tune~jba headers~solo catback~camaro wheels~slotted and drilled rotors
    SOON TO BE: Pat G cam, headwork, Manzo headers, removal of crap VMS tune.
    2004 Sierra Crew Cab-Cal Speed stainless LT~hooker aerochamber~Black Bear Performance tune~Ridetech coilovers-dropped 5.5"/8"...much more, FOR SALE

Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt it. when you say decent amp what do you call decent.

and what is the amp's rated current draw at voltage? (not it's output)
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

many people have put audio systems in a G8 and not changed out or increased the alternator output.

are you going for winning a volume competition or something extreme?
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Just one more thought you may have already looked at but I have read that if you have the alternator checked out and it's working properly changing the battery to a Kinetic AMG Pro-series could be a solution. As said above depending on your goals you may need both if your really adding a lot of power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeard Man View Post
    this may help you, and it seconds the Mechman suggestion. Rat Ron, a forum member on the gm truck sites always had a good following too.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum...hp/t-5352.html

irragi and dc as well are good suggestions.
    Dominic Irragi, now there is a blast from the past... that guy burned quite a few people a few years back. I personally sent an alt back and forth with him multiple times only to have it continue leaving me stranded on the side of the road.

I would use the PPV alternator and NOT a custom wound deal... too many variables and fly by nights out there, regardless of track record or internet notoriety.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader