Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Solo hfc gaskets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo hfc gaskets

Does anyone know of a gasket that I can use on solo high flow cats (manifold to cat). I contacted solo but they're 30 bucks which is kind of high if I can find myself a cheaper one.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I used a standard 2-bolt flange gasket that Magnaflow's info shows for the cat outlet, but it does not fit there, so I used it on the cat-manifold joint. It seemed to fit fine and I have not detected any leaks or ticking. I don't have the wrappers they came in, otherwise I'd give you a part number. VICTOR REINZ Part # F32258 looks like it, but I'm not sure of the size. Rockauto lists it rather generically in the Pipe/Flange Gasket Seal section.

*This was with Magnaflow cats. They also came with a simple ring gasket of some sort that they showed for the inlet, but I didn't see anyway for those to work, so I ditched them.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-31512

Anything that looks like this in 2.5 inch should work. Worst case you have to elongate some of the bolt holes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    I used a standard 2-bolt flange gasket that Magnaflow's info shows for the cat outlet, but it does not fit there, so I used it on the cat-manifold joint. It seemed to fit fine and I have not detected any leaks or ticking. I don't have the wrappers they came in, otherwise I'd give you a part number. VICTOR REINZ Part # F32258 looks like it, but I'm not sure of the size. Rockauto lists it rather generically in the Pipe/Flange Gasket Seal section.

*This was with Magnaflow cats. They also came with a simple ring gasket of some sort that they showed for the inlet, but I didn't see anyway for those to work, so I ditched them.
    How are the magnaflow cats? Did they make your car louder compared to stock?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys I found ones that worked.