Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Need a little help with FB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a little help with FB

So after years of talking shit about people being obsessed with their Facebook pages and resisting family and friends telling me I need one I finally did it, but with good reason. I plan on finally deleting DOD, installing a mild CA SMOG friendly cam, a little head work and a RCR's magic intake/TB. Seems like Rick is only mainly contactable on FB (real reason for joining), but after reading a bunch on engine mods that can/have still passed emissions it seems that there are a lot contacts in the LS world and more info to be gained. Problem is that I've stayed away so I don't know where to go or who's pages to follow to stay current on events or Vendor's pages. If some of you FB junkies could please point me in the right directions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    09 Stryker Blue GT Premium/Sport
    08 Panther Black GT - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

Call Mike Haddad. Mike is in Inglewood. He used to be a sponsor of this web site. still a good guy.
    https://www.facebook.com/HaddadMotorsports
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Call Mike Haddad. Mike is in Inglewood. He used to be a sponsor of this web site. still a good guy.
    https://www.facebook.com/HaddadMotorsports
    Are they still in business? Their website doesn't exist anymore and that Facebook page you linked hasn't been updated in almost two years.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think Haddad is gone. With the exception of milling the heads and valve job I'm going to be doing the install myself so I'm more interested in finding parts on the cheap and meeting up with other G8's in SOCAL.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Trasher, I am out here in the Bay Area cali and have had to deal with smog as well.

I have passed the sniffer with flying colors with a smog friendly cam, stock ported heads and RCR intake and TB. Also have gears and a stall.

I had Pat G spec out the cam to allow me to pass smog and still make good power and he has been a great resource. I have ventured down to SoCal a few times and met up with a bunch of G8 owners out that way just by posting up threads in those regional sections for get togethers. It worked for me on the other board, and ls1gto is extremely active in the regional forums. Hit up there goat run section of that forum and you will get a lot of traction for whatever you are looking for.
    Pat G Tune & DOD cam, Rick C TB, LSA, Ported Heads, Circle D 2600 Stall
    OBX Exhaust, SLP UDP,H&R springs, Koni Shocks
    BP catch can, BMR Bushings/suspension/chassis
    V Brembo's, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, 3.27s Gears

Bolt ons Street tires
    12.649@107.817 60ft 1.96 Da 700ft

Heads/Cam pre stall Street tires
    12.16@114.21 60ft 1.75 Da -200

After Stall
    11.82@115.9 60ft 1.66 DA 400ft

Zex 125shot
    11.48@124 60ft 1.83 DA 2000ft

6. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
    Hey Trasher, I am out here in the Bay Area cali and have had to deal with smog as well.

I have passed the sniffer with flying colors with a smog friendly cam, stock ported heads and RCR intake and TB. Also have gears and a stall.

I had Pat G spec out the cam to allow me to pass smog and still make good power and he has been a great resource. I have ventured down to SoCal a few times and met up with a bunch of G8 owners out that way just by posting up threads in those regional sections for get togethers. It worked for me on the other board, and ls1gto is extremely active in the regional forums. Hit up there goat run section of that forum and you will get a lot of traction for whatever you are looking for.
    Thanks man! I followed your build pretty closely and have the same goals except ditching the DOD and raising the compression a bit as I don't plan on N2O or FI. 400+ to the wheels and I should be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    Thanks man! I followed your build pretty closely and have the same goals except ditching the DOD and raising the compression a bit as I don't plan on N2O or FI. 400+ to the wheels and I should be happy.
    Right on. I forgot the exact compression on my car currently but it is a little less than stock from what I remember. I have to go look. I know it left a lot on the table NA, but I wanted the flexibility if I chose to do more FI. Plus the fact that Cali gas is terrible, running too much compression may hurt performance. Especially with the crappy summer blends of fuel.

400rwhp isn't a difficult number to get to, but having a cam that passes smog out here means you typically can't go tighter than a 114lsa and a much larger exhaust duration than 228. Now with Smogs transitioning from the Sniffer to OBD II I am not as sure what is passable. I would definitely consult with Pat G to spec something out that will meet your needs and that of CA smog.

Bolt ons Street tires

After Stall

Zex 125shot

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I found this thread because I'll be in the market soon for a smog friendly cam. Looks like I'll need to see the yeti's car and contact pat g.
    2008 G8 GT White Hot, Premium, Sport 28/888

Roto-Fab | X-Pipe | Solo Axle Back | 3.5" Tips | CTS-V1 Brembos | Eibach Pro-Kit | VG Sharkfin | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | GXP Diffuser | TSW Nurburgring

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by #28 View Post
    Glad I found this thread because I'll be in the market soon for a smog friendly cam. Looks like I'll need to see the yeti's car and contact pat g.
    Where about are you in NorCal?

Were you at the good guys show in pleasanton this summer?

Bolt ons Street tires

After Stall

Zex 125shot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
    Where about are you in NorCal?

Were you at the good guys show in pleasanton this summer?
    Holy crap I missed this reply. I'm in San Jose south. I was at the good guys show. Hah
    2008 G8 GT White Hot, Premium, Sport 28/888

Roto-Fab | X-Pipe | Solo Axle Back | 3.5" Tips | CTS-V1 Brembos | Eibach Pro-Kit | VG Sharkfin | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | GXP Diffuser | TSW Nurburgring