Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Fog Light upgrade question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fog Light upgrade question

Has anyone changed out the fog lights to an aftermarket assembly? I want to do something to change the fogs to an LED llight, so that they actually give off some useful light. I presently have Vision-X LED lights in the fog lights for my 2011 GMC truck, but am curious if anyone has done anything to make a change to the G8s. My intent is to change out the whole assembly and this would require a different mounting bracket.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

you can just buy an led bulbs and put them in to the same housing

Post Thanks / Like

The replacement LED bulbs are no match to what I want in my fog light area. The ones in my truck light up the world half a mile down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

I converted my '94 Z28 over to Hella 90mm headlights and when I got the G8, I ordered a set of Hella 90mm fog lights. About to go do an HID conversion on it today so will be able to look at how much of the stock mount is going to need to be cut off. Didn't really want to cut stuff up but I had to on the Z to make it work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roman1978 View Post
    you can just buy an led bulbs and put them in to the same housing
    Where can you get the led bulbs?
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here