Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Front swaybar endlink replacements

Post Thanks / Like

Default Front swaybar endlink replacements

I need to replace the front endlinks. I am looking at the moog or the whiteline basic replacements. Since they are both the same price are there any pros/cons to each? The whiteline are not the thicker adjustable ones just the basic replacement.

Thanks!

2. Dislikes s.reef disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To grease, or not to grease, that is the question.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

I found the moog's to be significantly cheaper

rock auto was something like 17 per side. so both fronts in my hand was 36 dollars.

whitelines were going to be something akin to 80.

I bought moogs - and I've greased them just once.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Rockauto prices must have gone up. They are $23 and some change each. Whitelines I can get them for $46 dollars shipped. Moog will be $53 shipped. Basically a wash at this point. I was leaning towards the moog because I can get them through amazon prime and have them before the weekend guaranteed.

Post Thanks / Like

huh. are you sure you're looking at the right parts? the camaro parts aren't the same as the g8 here.

but otherwise - either way really. both will work. I've not held the whiteline endlinks but the moog ones were thicker and stronger in all areas vs the stockers.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know. I pulled the part numbers right off of rockauto.

MOOG Part # K750162 {#92159356} Problem Solver One of our most popular parts
    Front Left; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces

MOOG Part # K750163 {#92165959} Problem Solver One of our most popular parts
    Front Right; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go with the MOOG when I need to replace mine! Hard to beat for the moola!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I'll go with the MOOG when I need to replace mine! Hard to beat for the moola!
    That is what I ended up buying. Will be installing this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Comparison pic of the stock vs the Moog. I swapped this morning and no difference in the clunking/chattering noise. I guess my only other option is the control arms since I have BMR poly strut mounts and new bearings.

2014-09-14 10.20.04.jpg

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rylos View Post
    Comparison pic of the stock vs the Moog. I swapped this morning and no difference in the clunking/chattering noise. I guess my only other option is the control arms since I have BMR poly strut mounts and new bearings.

2014-09-14 10.20.04.jpg
    My clunking noise ended up being loose nuts on the front sway bar brackets; if you haven't tried tightening them, I'd give it a try.
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.