Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignition Recall - 9/2/2014

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soup070 View Post
    Probably not, just going to remove the key blade from the flip key and install it on a individual hanging key. GM has now gone overly stupid on recalls, if it happens to make you sneeze then they'll put out a recall. I'm 6'6'" and there is no way I can hit it with my knee while driving, my knee doesn't even get close to my Cruze either. Basically why is your knee up that high while driving? Are people putting their feet up on the dash while driving with cruise control? My wife and I are keeping our flip key.
    GM are protecting themselves from lawsuits and they think they're doing a good deed for the community.
    If they manage to save one innocent life then yes they have done good, but there's a thing called Natural Selection....where only the fittest, healthiest, and smartest survive.
    If a driver is too stupid to work out the key got turned off and that he or she can turn it back on themselves, or is travelling at warp speed that leaves insufficient time to do so before impact.....then IMO it's not GM's job to save these people from their own stupidity.
    IMO GM and others are already facilitating a generation of brain dead idiots on our roads with automatic parking assist, blind side alerts, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers, voice recognition infotainment, sat nav, bluetooth, etc etc
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

2. Thanks TooManyHobbies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They'll have to pull the switchblade key out of my cold dead hand!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

4. Likes texn884, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Holden going to issue a recall for the thousands of Commodores with the identical key, or do they just figure that anyone dumb enough to actually get killed by this has already been killed off by giant spiders or crocodiles over there?
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

6. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    Is Holden going to issue a recall for the thousands of Commodores with the identical key, or do they just figure that anyone dumb enough to actually get killed by this has already been killed off by giant spiders or crocodiles over there?
    It'll be interesting to see.
    Common sense does seem more common over here.
    (It wasn't until VE introduction in late 2006 that one had to push in the clutch to key start a manual Holden).
    Nanny features in Holdens usually follow GM with a considerable time lag......the Holden engineers need time to stop laughing I suppose.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

I told the dealership that I'll decline the recall.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Recalling this key fob...from which Ive never heard of a serious issue...but will not recall failing dod lifters..tisk tisk.
    2009 G8 GT SRM - premium w/roof

Post Thanks / Like

I'm keeping my key the way it is..... I'm 6 foot 2 and my knee isn't close to my key.
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Panther metallic black, Onyx/Red interior.
    Roto-Fab intake, Doug Thorley shorty headers, catless, Solo mach exhaust, GXP front bumper, GXP rear diffuser, Roto-Fab Rad cover, Billet Prototypes oil catch can, GTPprix hacked atari gauge, Powerbond UDP and Camaro deep trans pan, AeroForce Interceptor gauge with cubby pod, GXP FE3 Struts/Shocks, GXP Transmission AUX Cooler and Jannetty Racing Transmission Dipstick.

2009 G8 GT was paid off on June 6th 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Greg...can you still get the switchblade key or are they out of the system now?
    2009 G8 GXP
    SRM, M6, Roof
    HSV Triple Gauge Pod, Billet Prototypes Catch Can, Clear Headlight Covers from CP
    Roto-fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers, Marty's HSRK, Tuned by Vector Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like

I can still get them as of Friday. ITook today off to get some house work done
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

13. Likes TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok like the Camaro fix shows, do our keys come apart the same way? If so, if I take the fixed switch blade key could I remove the key blade would it fit on a new flip key and reuse the transmitter from it also? If so that would quite a bit in having a key cut.
    2009 Voodoo Metallic Blue G8 GT
    1 of less than 1,111
    Premium/non-Sport & no-roof >
    HSV Engine Cover, HSV R8 8/9.5x19 Clubsport summer set, Corsa CB,
    18" Drag-37 winter set, Pontiac cargo tray, Vararam OTR, V6 Radiator Cover,
    BMR Sways, Yellow +09 CTS-V Brembos, LLumar Ceramic Tint 40/30/15%,

5 Year Plan: Kooks Mids, Pat G Tune, 3.27 Dif, HSV Front Guards & Flutes, E3 Front Bumper