Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Cracked radio screen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cracked radio screen

So do to a bad trip home from Lowes with some landscape edging the screen on my radio got broken. The words that came out of my mouth for the rest of the trip home were not meant for most adults to hear.

So in my attempt to fix the screen with the least amount of $ I pulled the face of the radio/HVAC off and opened it up. I pulled the screen out and found the part number on the back (Sharp LQ065T5AR05). I pulled up google and ebay and found that it is a very common screen used for BMW and Mercedes GPS screens. So I ordered one and thought it would be an easy swap. I ordered LQ065T5AR06 because all web sites I found listed these as interchangeable so I don't think its the problem. So I screwed the screen to the PCB, plug the ribbon cable in and screwed it all back together. Unfortunately all I get is a white screen. The radio turns on, the screen powers up but nothing but bright white.

Thinking back when the screen first broke I saw the broken image of what the screen was displaying. Then I touched it and the screen went white with black lines and broken looking.

Anyone have any ideas? I really just want to get this fixed. I'm tired of looking at a glowing red PCB in my dash. On the bright side at least the HUD shows what radio station I'm tuned to.
    08' Panther Black G8 GT sport/prem, E&G grills, 20% tint...
    00' Nassau Blue Corvette vert, ACI hood, ACI front spoiler, corsa exhaust, custom LED interior lights, custom engine detail, some chrome goodies here and there...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a used head plate sitting in my garage. I have upgraded mine to Chevy Caprice radio(IQ radio).
    Last edited by Yuichiro; 09-01-2014 at 09:30 PM.
    Current: 09 Panther Black G8 GT w/19"
    -Kooks LT. Corsa Cat Back, Volant CAI, Livernois Tune, GXP Brembo, BMR 713
    -Morimot HID XB35, Dashhawk

Past: 06 Stealth Gray GP GXP

Post Thanks / Like

Yuichiro did you want to sell it?
    08' Panther Black G8 GT sport/prem, E&G grills, 20% tint...
    00' Nassau Blue Corvette vert, ACI hood, ACI front spoiler, corsa exhaust, custom LED interior lights, custom engine detail, some chrome goodies here and there...

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I only came across a couple sites that list "same as" models, but neither said 06 was the same, but 01, 03, and 07 were.

http://www.panelook.com/LQ065T5AR05_...view_9528.html

It looks like the contrast ratios are quite different. Maybe the image is contrasted way out of whack.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a radio laying around too after my PPV upgrade if you interested let me know