Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Fog Lights out (Fixed)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fog Lights out (Fixed)

Hey everyone. I am at a loss here with my fog lights. Here is a little history with them.. I had Spencer HIDs on them and they were working mint. One day I noticed that 1 of them stopped working. I eventually bought new HID kits with bulbs and ballasts and they were both working again. Great! Then all of a sudden they were both out. Not so good. I feel like I have tried everything to see what the issue is here and I cant figure it out. Here is what I have done after a lot of research

1. Replaced the R5 relay to see if that was it. Not it
    2. replaced the fog light fuses. Not it.
    3. Replaced both ballasts and bulbs. Not it.
    4. Replaced both fog light wiring harnesses that clip into the ballasts. Not it.

The only thing I can think it may be is the main wiring harness that goes to both fog lights, which I unplugged and plugged back in or the main light switch in the car. Now my headlights are a little iffy at times too. Sometimes only one will come on and then I have to turn them off and back on for them to work. So I'm wondering if my switch is hitting the road. I haven't check the voltage of anything yet..

What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Jon
    Last edited by JonnyG2132; 08-06-2014 at 10:49 AM.
    2008 NA G8 GT

1/4 mile = 10.93 @ 123
    60' = 1.47
    DA = 500

Naturally Aspirated-230/242 Cam-.030 Milled Heads-Valve Job-New Era Performance ECM/TCM tune-New Era Performance Ported Throttle Body-Vararam CAI-Rick Crawford Modified Intake Manifold-VMS HSRK-UD Pulley-MSD Plugs-4" MAF-Ram Air Plate-Circle D Triple Disk 4000-4200 245mm Converter-3.45 gears-1 7/8 American Racing Headers-Magnaflow mid muffler-SLP Lowering Springs in Rear-M&H Skinnies-Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials 295/45/17-Dark Star Rims

- ARANGO AUTOMOTIVE & TOWING SERVICES, WEBSTER NY

Post Thanks / Like

Well a buddy of mine who is a mechanic solved my issue tonight... There was a blown fuse and a bad ballast. The had already tried replacing the one fuse with another one, but come to find out that the one I tried replacing the bad one with was also bad. Replaced both the ballast and the fuse and they are up and running again
    2008 NA G8 GT

1/4 mile = 10.93 @ 123
    60' = 1.47
    DA = 500

Naturally Aspirated-230/242 Cam-.030 Milled Heads-Valve Job-New Era Performance ECM/TCM tune-New Era Performance Ported Throttle Body-Vararam CAI-Rick Crawford Modified Intake Manifold-VMS HSRK-UD Pulley-MSD Plugs-4" MAF-Ram Air Plate-Circle D Triple Disk 4000-4200 245mm Converter-3.45 gears-1 7/8 American Racing Headers-Magnaflow mid muffler-SLP Lowering Springs in Rear-M&H Skinnies-Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials 295/45/17-Dark Star Rims

- ARANGO AUTOMOTIVE & TOWING SERVICES, WEBSTER NY