Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Need Advice random warnings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Advice random warnings

So, the last few months, maybe once a month I get a warning for the tire pressure system fault. Happens randomly, usually goes away in a few mins. If I flip through and check the tire pressures on the dic they're all blank. Once I was able to stop the car and turn it back on in engineering mode. One of the sensors (rear if I remember) was reading something like 148psi or some crap... obviously faulty. I chocked it up to a bad/dieing wheel sensor someplace. It comes and goes doesn't bother me too much.

Coming home today I got a warning for the 'stability control off' and it would not turn back on. I got home turned the car off, and back on again. No warning.

So, are there any sensors or wiring that are shared in those systems?

I don't have a code reader but at this point I should probably look at buying one. Any suggestions on a good reader. There was no check engine set on these events so I know it would have to be a better reader.

Any other suggestions?

Josh
    '09 GT White - Vararam, HID's, a catch can and BMR sways so far.
    '67 Firebird 400 4-spd - not stock.
    05 Dodge Ram
    05 Yamaha FJR1300
    94 Kawasaki KLR650

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/JoshHefnerX/g8

Post Thanks / Like

75 views and not one suggestion...
    05 Dodge Ram
    05 Yamaha FJR1300
    94 Kawasaki KLR650

Post Thanks / Like

It takes a lot of work to see if two systems share the same circuits. It all goes through the BCM as far as I know. Fix the TPMS first. There are a myriad of things that can cause a stability control off condition.
    BTW, the sensors aren't shared since the TPMS sensor are in your wheels. RFID
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you get an indication of which sensor? I.E. rear drivers side sensor or anything like that. You might be having one of the sensors going bad?
    Last edited by Kermit; 08-07-2014 at 06:22 PM.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    It takes a lot of work to see if two systems share the same circuits. It all goes through the BCM as far as I know. Fix the TPMS first. There are a myriad of things that can cause a stability control off condition.
    BTW, the sensors aren't shared since the TPMS sensor are in your wheels. RFID
    I'd agree.... The chances of all of the wheel sensors going out at once are about one in a million - it's more likely that the one bad sensor is causing all of them to fault.

Read: http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=37333

As far as a scanner goes, I have the Actron CP9575 and have been very happy with it.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, next time it kicks off I'll find out which sensor is giving issues and replace that one. I've driven the car 3 times since and have not had the stability kick off.
    05 Dodge Ram
    05 Yamaha FJR1300
    94 Kawasaki KLR650

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the code first, don't guess. I had the stability light pop up then gone a restart later. When I pulled the gone, it was "lost communication with instrument panel"

As far as scanner, Autel Maxicheck Pro, even charts individual wheel sensors and it's bi-directional.
    Last edited by jcmGT; 08-07-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

That Autel looks pretty good, thanks for that lead! Anyone tried the autoenginuity pc software, looks pretty comprehensive also?

Josh
    05 Dodge Ram
    05 Yamaha FJR1300
    94 Kawasaki KLR650