Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My 09 G8 GT MGM Ride Thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 GT V8 View Post
    Msm...
    I actually really like the silver also. I never do on any other car but these. Lol

09 G8 GT MGM, Kooks Midlength Headers, Rotofab, MagnaFlow Mid Muffler, Solo Performance JPipes & 3.5" Tips, Pat G Tune, RCR 219/223 .612.615 112+1, Trunion Upgrade,, Quad Retrofit w. Amber Halos, Custom IPad HU Install, MM CF Grilles, Gxp Diffuser, BC Coilovers, Brembos All Around, Orange/Onyx SW & Shifter

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I don't think there's a G8 color that I don't like.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 GT V8 View Post
    Agreed. I don't think there's a G8 color that I don't like.
    Definitely agree on that one

09 G8 GT MGM, Kooks Midlength Headers, Rotofab, MagnaFlow Mid Muffler, Solo Performance JPipes & 3.5" Tips, Pat G Tune, RCR 219/223 .612.615 112+1, Trunion Upgrade,, Quad Retrofit w. Amber Halos, Custom IPad HU Install, MM CF Grilles, Gxp Diffuser, BC Coilovers, Brembos All Around, Orange/Onyx SW & Shifter

Post Thanks / Like

I got the tails in today.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some other things I've done but haven't posted.
    Demon eyes will be amber, I just had red to play with. So I'm waiting on those then the headlights can be sealed up again! I also bought some 2 ft led switchback strip I'll be receiving today. Idk if I'll use them though, I don't want to much going on in the headlights. Although it'd all be wired to their own seperate switch. So we will see.

I re aimed the lights a few nights ago. The shield was too far back so I've since adjusted that and it's a sharp cutoff like the fxrs. Pics will just come when I'm done. Here's with the blurry Ness tho.

I also got a center speaker pod, triple aeroforce setup and I wrapped the faces in carbon fiber.

I also wired up my reverse camera for the android head unit. You can see it in the taillight pictures above the license plate, a little gaudy looking but it works well.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally suited up and put the brembos on. Just the front today, I'm waiting for the rear parking brake shoe for the rear, then I'll do those. Just like the grand prix, they're a lot better.
    The turds

So purtyy

7. Likes travis gore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good! You must have been pretty anxious to get this done with that much snow still on the geound.
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 08G8V8 View Post
    Looks good! You must have been pretty anxious to get this done with that much snow still on the geound.
    Thanks man! It's the warmest it's been in a while in michigan. I've had the brakes since I bought the car mid July but never knew if I was going to put stock wheels on or not. Since I kept my grand prix as a daily driver. I can store the g8 with the camaro wheels. So it makes sense now to put them on. Once I get back to my construction job, I work 6 days a week and time is limited. My stockpile will be going on within these next couple weeks.

Install-
    Rear brembos and parking brake
    Chenry Splitter
    Coilovers
    Bmr strut bar
    Coil covers
    Heater hose relocation
    Power steering relocation
    Catch can
    Orange Steering wheel and shift knob
    Wrap steering wheel trim
    Orange carbon fiber wrap
    Swap black seats
    Switchbacks

Post Thanks / Like

So I got the parking shoes and got the rears all put on today. So much better than before.

Post Thanks / Like

So yesterday I did the heater hose and power steering relocation. Cleaned the engine bay up a little

Today I took out my driver headlight to reaim the 2 projectors. The adjuster kept popping out and wasn't in the center so when I'd aim them, it'd pop loose. Kinda sucked but I wanted to get them perfect anyways.
    I also installed some switchbacks in the turn signals while I was at it.

I put the coil covers on also after trimming them up. I got a pontiac g8 with the g8 silhouette from reflective concepts for it also. I didn't end up painting them since we all know that will just chip sooner or later somehow.

Then I mounted my catch can for now. I ordered 3/8th line so I'm waiting on that to actually hook it up and route the plumbing.

I put my orange shift knob in the other day also. I'll be trading for all black seats and some cash this saturday. Then I'll install the steering wheel. Also ordered another custom speedo that will have the orange ring instead if the red that will get swapped out.