Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: fast wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Default fast wax?

hey just wondering if anyone here has used fast wax abd if so how did u like it

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

never used it, but, color me skeptical.
    Kevin
    2009 SRM G8 GXP A6 + Roof
    Go
    Vararam CAI
    VMS "Stealth" Dyno Tune
    VMS HSRK
    GTPprix's hacked Atari gauges
    Norris Motorsports Billet Oil Catch Can
    Radical Advantage Trans dipstick
    Blendimount and Invisicord for the V-1
    Doug Thorley LT's

Show
    Tint by Spade Kreations 35% & 20%
    Holden V-6 rad cover courtesy of Crazy Paul
    PB
    12.986 @ 108.78
    R.I.P. Charlie......FUCK Cancer!

Post Thanks / Like

Most spray on "fast wax" like products will be packed with fillers to make the paint LOOK better. They usually don't last but a month maybe less. You're better off using a good sealant as a base for long term protection, and topping it with a quality hard carnauba for added depth.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Most spray on "fast wax" like products will be packed with fillers to make the paint LOOK better. They usually don't last but a month maybe less. You're better off using a good sealant as a base for long term protection, and topping it with a quality hard carnauba for added depth.
    Devils Advocate: If the filler wax and the high polish gives the same results, why does it matter? I guess it come down to personal preference. Some people want to OCD their paint, others want something that looks great to 95% of the people out there.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

5. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Because one works, and the other one only half ass works. Even the best fillers only hide fine imperfections and they wear off over time leaving you wondering WTH happened. You'd be surprised how many people think that they got rid of the blemishes, then they start noticing them coming back and then they research and find that in fact they only filled them.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

even fillers show swirls in high sun light. compound, polish, seal, wax and be done with it.
    2009 G8 GT SRM - premium w/roof

8. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used Meguires NXT2.0 and Turtle Wax Ice with similar results.

As long as it's clean and shiny, who cares how it got that way
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED